Pages

Friday, July 26, 2019

roses are red, violets are blue, I am not a...

One afternoon last week, I walked by my bedroom and noticed Meego zonked out in there.  A while later he emerged, freshly napped.

"Your futon is SO comfortable!", he revelationed, "I went in there to pet the cat, and next I knew..."

Reference image:  cat


No, that's not an action shot.  Napolion was perfectly still in this position for me to take his photo.

Might the cat have converted Meego into a believer?  A believer in the mighty futon?

Recall that I ended up sleeping on our living room fold-out futon back in March when Magnum came down with a Chewbacca-snore-inducing cold.  It was there that I realized how darn comfortable that futon was to sleep on.  Within a week, I think, we'd chucked out the old queen mattress and box spring and replaced it with a Japanese futon.

Of course, our kids teased us for "sleeping on the floor".  Hey, don't knock it 'til you've tried it!

So yes, we're still loving the futon and have no plans to go back to the old ways.  I sleep better and the joints, back, and neck feel fine in the morning.  Probably the biggest thing to get used to is that, yes, it is like "sleeping on the floor", so getting up in the morning is basically getting up off the floor.  I count it as yoga.

Now Meego is seriously considering getting one for the rental house he and three friends are moving into shortly.

But I am not a weeaboo.  For those unfamiliar with the term...




No, I am not a weeabo.

I just like their furniture... and their tea... and their cooking utensils... and their sushi... and their cars... and their electronics...




9 comments:

Morgan Cartwright said...

Look at that cat! So stretchy and comfy! I've never slept on a futon, but now I want to try the things. Happy Friday! Sushi is so good!

LL Cool Joe said...

Not only have I never slept on a futon, I don't really know what it is. I'm not sure I like the idea of sleeping on the floor though. Have a great weekend!

Chatty Crone said...

Okay a Japanese Futon must be different than the Futons I have had - my son had one at school and brought it home - it was horrible - it changed from a sofa to a bed - and it was not on the floor - but on metal bars.

But if you can sleep and it is comfortable - go for it girl!

Sandie

Abby said...

Morgan, the cat is king of comfort. He thinks it's his futon.

Joey, clearly, you are not a weeaboo.

Chatty, yes, there are uncomfortable things that go by the name "futon", but they're lying!

ShadowRun300 said...

I often think my back pain would be alleviated by doing yoga. If getting off your futon in the morning counts, then I’m onboard! As long as my husband is...
I’ve never heard the term weeaboo. But all 3 of my boys probably qualify as one.
And congrats to Meego on his golden keyboard!

Lorraine said...

I have never heard the term weeaboo and my 24 year old daughter is all those things and has been her entire life. Hmmm. She bought a white Honda Fit and couldn't wait to put a WooLoo (sheep looking) Pokemon decal on the back window. lol

Abby said...

SR300, talking the husband into a futon might take some work. You could tell him it's that or yoga classes?

Clamco, she's a WooLoo Weaboo! Has a nice ring!

Linda Hensley said...

My yoga consists of trying to perfect the corpse pose. Once that's perfected, maybe I'll move on to other positions? Good luck with your ever expanding animal family. I hope they all learn to love each other.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I don't get the futon since all I have ever been on were the most uncomfortable things. But as long as you are lovin' it, yeah! If on the floor I wouldn't have to "make" the bed. So there is another plus. Just pull up the covers. Hmmm, you may be on to somethin'