Pages

Friday, June 28, 2019

it's 4:20 somewhere

I had the day off today and planned to be quite productive.  Well, it's now 4:20pm, and it's a good thing I don't smoke pot because I've already been enough of a slacker.

I blame the heat wave.  It's sunny and low 90's which I know isn't THAT bad, but we're wimps in Colorado because it's mostly pretty nice around here, and we usually get an afternoon rainstorm.  So I'm lazing around the house waiting for clouds. 

I did manage to make it to the allergist's for my bi-weekly allergy shot today.  I've had to scale down the amount of antigen in the shots because of all the seasonal pollen currently floating about.  It's like getting a double dip.  I don't think it was scaled down enough this week, because my left arm is all puffy now.   Here, see?  *plugs in webcam*


See the swelling?  I've indicated the bulginess of my usually scrawny rear upper arm.  Geej, the shot girl, says to let her know if the injection site swells to larger than a quarter.  It's about dollar bill size now. 

Sometimes I wonder if the stuff is even working, but I think it has had some positive effect.  Patience is not one of my virtues, and I think I'm entering my second year of shots.  I mentioned to Geej that I've been noticing the allergens floating about as I get symptoms when out cutting the grass and such.

"A lot of our patients wear a mask or just don't cut their grass.  They have someone else do it", she informed me.

Well, there's something.  I do cut the grass.  But I don't smoke it. 




7 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Cute.
Well the thing is sometimes it takes up to three years - so try to be patient.
That was really swollen.

LL Cool Joe said...

When I looked at the photo, I just thought "Wow Abby works out, look at that arm!" Eat your heart out Madonna.

When you find someone else to cut your grass, let me know and send them my way please. I'm sure they can get a Flymo on a plane.

ShadowRun300 said...

It takes 3 years for the allergy shots to start being effective?? Yeah, I’d feel impatient too.
When we had a house, I was the chief lawn mower. I loved it, but would sneeze every couple of feet. It was pretty comical really.
Hang in there... hopefully the heatwave and allergens will diminish soon.

Joey - if you’re reading this - I haven’t been able to comment on your site for weeks now! Even when I sign into Blogger, your site doesn’t recognize me. Just want you to know I’m still reading. :)

Abby - thanks for letting me use your blog to communicate!

Abby said...

Chatty, 3 years? I did the mental math and I'm about 1.5 years in. We shall see.

Joey, FYI, I just spent a fair amount of time googling Flymo and watching Flymo videos.

SR300 - I honestly don't mind the sneezing so much. It's that drunk-without-the-alcohol business that leads me to put up with shots. If they end up not working, maybe I'll just bring on the hooch.
Communicate away on the blog. If you need me, I'll be over here with the hooch.

LL Cool Joe said...

Abby so you don't have Flymo's in the States? I bet the videos were exciting. :D

Linda Hensley said...

You look buff like Popeye :) Good luck with the shots. I think if I were in your shoes I'd tell the husband or a son to cut the grass. I wish someone would cut mine.

Abby said...

Joey, I'd never heard of Flymos before your original comment. I think they're a UK thing. Loved the vids :)

Linda, seems like having one of them mow is an easy solution, but as I've confessed - patience is not one of my virtues :P