Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

I could be lonely with you

How I've spent my summer vacation?  Well, nothing too eventful as of yet.  It seems that lately, my main adventures have been watching other people's dogs while the dog people are out having their adventures.  Dogs get lonely during such times, so I'm trying to be a sufficient substitute human for them.  A sub-human?

A couple of weeks ago, Chaco was out of town at a conference, so I watched his and his ex's (that's another story) dogs:  Ella the Australian Cattle Dog and Burton the big Samoyed Husky mix. 

Here I am, working with Ella and Burton.


Magnum's sister and her husband took a trip to visit husband's parents.  Meego is house / dog sitting for them, but he works full-time during the week, so I'm providing backfill for him in helping with SIL's English Pointer, Kingston.

Here I am, working with Kingston


Whew!  Exhausting duty, I tellya.




5 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I want to be in a prone position when I work. How do I find that job? I need someone to watch my dog from Jan 2 - 6 you busy? I purposely didn't book a connection through Denver due to the possibility of weather delays but if you're going to be home and love to dog sit.....

Chatty Crone said...

You look exhausted! hahahahaha

Abby said...

Peggy, I read where an animal shelter has an elderly gentleman volunteer. He naps in the cat room and the cats lay on top of him.
Feel free to drop Izzy off... as long as you're back for her 5am routine!

Chatty, backbreaking or something like that.

Morgan Cartwright said...

Dog-sitting looks like a fun gig! All the doggos look happy and relaxed!

Abby said...

Morgan, these are all good pooches, which helps!