Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2019

to your health


*EXHALE*  I needed that.

I don't know if anyone other than me noticed, but I did not post anything for Illustration Friday last week.  Not even a doodle.

Last week was busy, all good, but I missed my "therapy".  This week's prompt is "Health", so I tried to do something healthy?

Anyway, I feel better now.  I also feel better because it's a new month.  I was ready to say good-bye to March and its ice fall and tooth abscess and bomb cyclone.  Don't get me wrong, lots of good things happened in March, but now it's April, and it feels nice.

Yesterday some junk haulers came by and took away yet more of our clutter - things we couldn't just chuck in the trash or donate or easily sell.  I'm happy there are junk hauler services!

As I was going through some more stuff, I found an old notepad.  Apparently, I used to keep lists of things to do.  From the looks of items on the lists, the little notepad is over 10 years old.  I found various entries having to do with elementary school PTO responsibilities, as well as several entries for

  • Meego basketball (?)
  • Apples (and other things) for LeeAnn - who the heck is/was LeeAnn?? And why was I getting apples for her??
  • Wolfgang/ Chaco/ Meego haircut
  • Letter, Mom & Dad (they're both gone now)
  • Vet appointments for pets that no longer exist
  • Book titles to read
  • Random names with phone numbers - who the heck are/were these people?

It was kind of fun and also weird seeing those lists.  Questions do remain, though.

Who is LeeAnn?
Did Meego get his basketball?
Why was a basketball important enough for several list entries?
Whatever happened to that chiropractor?

Inquiring minds want to know but not really.



7 comments:

Linda Hensley said...

Did you read the books? I recently found a book list I had written, but I still haven't read any of them yet. Glad you're feeling better. I see a face in your heart :)

Abby said...

Linda, I have since read some of the books - not all were that good 😑

Annsterw said...

Very interesting...Is it an old mans heart - I see him in it. You are so talented!!! I hope you remember LeeAnn...it was nice of you to get her some apples! HA AH! httpAnnster's Domain

Morgan Cartwright said...

Your drawing is amazing as always. I love finding old lists. So much mystery. Leeann was probably one of those other moms from school that comes and goes.

Abby said...

Ann, I just googled "human heart" images for a reference, don't know whose it was. And I'm still not quite placing LeeAnn!

Morgan, it was a little walk down memory lane with those lists. Yup, LeeAnn was probably another one of those elementary moms.

ShadowRun300 said...

I love finding old notebooks, lists, calendars.... some raise lots of questions, others bring back fun memories. Such a different life I led back then.
Glad you could squeeze some heart therapy in. I see the old man too. :)

Abby said...

SR300, it really was a reminder of another life.