Pages

Thursday, April 4, 2019

eight things

I cleaned
and piled stuff for the junk haul I mentioned.  I'd hired these people once before and was very happy.  Same this time around.  I easily booked an appointment online, two nice guys showed up right on time, quoted me a fair price, then proceeded to load our discards and haul it away.  👍
Included in the pile of stuff was our old queen mattress, box spring, and frame.  I do NOT miss that bed at all because...

I slept
like a rock on our new futon.  Really, I know it's not for everyone, but I love the thing.  I'm waking up well rested and feeling good.  Plus, I used to often wake up with stiff upper back and shoulders or with a crick in my neck.  No more.  It's still very much cat approved too, which is good because...

I cleaned some more
when the mighty hunter cat plopped his first gopher trophy of spring on the backdoor mat.  Thank me for not taking and posting a pic because it was disgusting as always.  I think the cat was a little miffed that the junk haulers took his favorite old beat up table from our deck from where he used to sit to bask in the morning sunshine.  So he killed a rodent.  It's therapy for him, somewhat similar to how...

I healed
and went to the endodontist for my follow-up after dental surgery.  So far so good, and he removed all of my stitches.  He said they were supposed to dissolve and seemed perplexed that none of them did.  He asked me if they'd at least softened over time, and I honestly replied that, "no, it felt like a row of fishing line in my mouth the whole time".  He concluded that the wrong type of sutures were in his kit and he'd go investigate.  In the meantime, I'm so happy to have that fishing line out my mouth!  And speaking of pain...

I acquiesced
and met with that strange tutor student - the one who books appointments but then has nothing to work on when I show up.  She wanted to meet yesterday, so I reluctantly agreed.  I did ask what concepts we would work on, and she had a legitimate reply.  Lo and behold, she actually had questions and we had a near normal session, interspersed with her chattering about irrelevant things that I have since learned to ignore and redirect to more purposeful things like how...

I exercised
at the gym.  Another thing that we sent off with the haulers was our treadmill.  We used the thing quite a bit over the years, but it's sat collecting dust like many a treadmill for the past few months.  It was a great thing to have around when the kids were little, but they are now grown, and we belong to a gym.  If I'm banished to running on a treadmill instead of in the great outdoors, I'd rather do it in a big energetic gym than in our little room in the basement, which we have been clearing out in this big de-cluttering phase, which I actually enjoy doing along with...

I socialized
with Magnum's family a bit last weekend.  His brother was in town, and we don't see him much because he lives in another country.  As such, various gatherings happened around his visit.  Magnum enjoyed some family time with brother, Mom, and sister, and  a larger group of us got together for a brunch at the MIL's on Saturday.  Chaco, Wolfgang, and Meego also traveled to join us after we mentioned there would be food...

I cooked
very little, but Mama Kat says 8 things, not 7.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Linking up with Mama Kat this week for the prompt:
4. List 8 things you accomplished this week!

10 comments:

Morgan Cartwright said...

Even if you left it at seven, it's a pretty accomplished list!

Annsterw said...

Yay you for sound sleep!!! I can not function if I have not slept well! Ick to the gopher!! I woudl die if I had to clean up gopher guts!! LOL - but seriously!! UGH! Annster's Domain

Chatty Crone said...

You had a productive week with a lot done!!

ShadowRun300 said...

You gotta be feeling pretty accomplished about now... even if you didn’t cook all that much. Bet you loved seeing that old mattress being hauled away!
Nice to know your troublesome tutee followed through on a visit. Hopefully you got through to her.
And yay for no more fishing line! Hope the swelling has gone and you’re completely pain free. :)

Abby said...

Morgan, right? Are there people who accomplish more than seven things in one week??

Ann, I vaguely remember being young and able to bounce off to work after a night of little sleep. No more! Unfortunately, this was not my first gopher hazmat cleanup, and doubtfully will be my last.

Chatty, I think so, time for sloth!

SR300, I really did enjoy saying good-bye to the old mattress, AND the fishing line stitches.

Madamdreamweaver said...

That's odd about the sutures. Usually there's a dental tech that sets up the tools and sutures for the dentist for a procedure. Must've pulled the wrong kind.

Abby said...

Madamdreamweaver, yes I guess that's what happened. I'd never had stitches in my mouth before so didn't know what to expect. Feels great to have them out.

Paula Kiger said...

Very fun post!

Abby said...

Paula, thanks, it was a fun week!

John Holton said...

Nice technique for coming up with eight accomplishments!