Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

welcome to the Himalayas!

Several years ago, I was stranded in a blizzard in eastern Colorado.  I was on a Juco women's basketball team, and we were coming home from an away game when the storm hit.  Our team was in two big travel vans, so we were relatively "comfy" sitting on the side of the road in a blizzard with about one inch of visibility.

At one point, Coach said, "Welp, if anyone has to go to the bathroom, I think there's a coffee can in the back of the van"

And suddenly, through the power of suggestion, we all had to pee.

The coffee can was pretty much a non-option, however.  A bunch of us braved the storm and peed outside the van, surrounded by other stranded motorists.  Good thing for that one-inch of visibility. 

It was a most memorable experience, girl-peeing in a snowstorm with about 50 mph winds.  We formed a sort of semi-circle, so as to both protect each other and hold each other steady in the storm and from the exiting urine.  One of our best teamwork moments.

Today, we're having us an epic blizzard.   Most non-essential stuff is closed.  The local news teams are out driving around while telling everyone to not go out and drive around. 

My bum tooth continues to throb (fixi-it appointment on Friday), so I did a doodle and played with the camera to make a quick test vid and keep my mind off the throbbing.  The video is a bit too quiet, and I think that's the fault of the microphone I used.  I could redo the audio with a different mic, but nah. 

Plus, I wanted to keep it under 2 mins, so good enough for throbbing-tooth-blizzard-day.






5 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Blizzards and throbbing tooth pain seems like you are going to have a rough day - sorry!

LL Cool Joe said...

Why is it that I always seem surprised when I finally hear some bloggers talking and they have an American accent? I bet you'd be surprised I sound very British too. :D

The best pain killer I've ever taken, which isn't available in the UK, is Aleve. I bulk buy it when I'm in the States and bring it back here. Hope the dentist sorts out your tooth quickly!

Abby said...

Chatty, not gonna lie. The bum tooth blizzard combo took a bit of a toll, but I'm gonna make it. Digging out today.

Joey, funny, while I was recording the vid, I wondered how my voice would be "received" and if blog friends sounded similar to how I hear them in my head. You were the first who came to mind. Say something for us!

Morgan Cartwright said...

I'll have to watch the vid again when I get home. I can't turn up the volume at the desk I'm at today.

We got the hurricane gust winds and horizontal rain from this storm system. Today, it's starting to get cold again.

I always wonder how people sound. I do make up how I think people should sound from reading their blogs.

Abby said...

Morgan, I think voice inflections and accents can sway, at least, our first impressions of people. It's one of the reasons I like reading blogs.