Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

nice guys?

Yesterday was a productive day.  Monday was yet another snowday, so not particularly productive, so it was good to get lots done yesterday.

In the aftermath of my productivity, I was chilling out at my desk and perusing some news headlines.

I came across a story of a local man who'd caused a traffic accident, left the scene of the accident, was tracked down by police who responded to the accident, was arrested for DUI and reckless driving, then attacked the police officers, thus adding "attempted assault on a peace officer" to his charges.

The story included a mugshot, and I was thinking, "Hmm, guy appears pretty clean cut.  He also looks a bit familiar..."  Then I read the perp's name, and wtf?  The dude was a past tutor student of mine, from about 5 years ago when he was a senior in high school.

This was quite surprising because I remember him as a good student, nice kid, and athlete who was being recruited by a few schools.  He worked hard, and his tutoring paid off.  He rode off into the sunset to a college athletic program in another state.

So what happened?  I'm hoping there are missing pieces to the story - like someone covertly slipped him some drugs unbeknownst to him, and he reacted badly.

I also read there are further revelations coming out about Chris Watts, the Colorado guy and supposedly doting husband and father who murdered his pregnant wife and two little daughters and tried to say they just disappeared.  Bleccch.  I soon decided to take a break from the news.




I got out for a nice trek with Penny.  Now that she's gotten the hang of going for walks, she absolutely LUVS 'em.  Despite her smallness, I have yet to reach her distance limit, but I'm guessing that it's farther than mine.






No more nice-guys-gone-bad stories for me for a while.  Bring on the sunshine and puppies!


8 comments:

Morgan Cartwright said...

Sunshine and puppies for the win! Does Penny adore the snow?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Gorgeous picture with Penny at the end!
My dog can go further than me. I always say it's because she has 4 legs and I only have 2. And she has a fur coat and I don't. My goodness, today was cool and windy and in the high 20's. yipee.
That man who murdered his wife and children makes me ill.
I saw something was going to be on Dr. Phil. I don't normally watch that show but I dvr'd it and last evening watched it. He was a sick Mofo. My God why not just leave her? Suffocate your child? How can you do that? He is pure evil and her parents having to hear this new confession tape would be so horrific! What a narcissitic piece of @#$! Okay let's go back to puppys, sun shining and pretty vistas :-)

Annsterw said...

Addiction is a crazy thing...ugh! Hope he turns things around again! You puppy is adorable!!! Let's stay on pappies and sunshine for the rest of the year!!!! Fingers crossed - no more snow! Annster's Domain

Chatty Crone said...

The news can make you depressed.

Abby said...

Morgan, yes Penny is liking the snow much more than I am at this point!

Peg, by George, she does have twice the number of legs!
I did not watch the Dr. Phil episode. I cannot fathom how C. Watts was able to do what he did, then lie about it all so calmly. Monster.

Ann, I hope he turns back around too. I'm thinking of his mom because she was really nice, and the two of them seemed to have a good relationship. Seeing a mugshot of her son-gone-bad must be awful for her.

Chatty, yup! I'm thankful for Penny for turning my frown upside down!

ShadowRun300 said...

Why does your snow look so much nicer than ours? I’m guessing the sun has a lot to do with it. Gray skies just makes our snow look, well, gray. Yuck.
That’s sad to hear about your tutee. I hope there’s some good excuse, too, but I have a feeing there’s not. ;(
And C. Watts? “Monster” fits perfectly.

Riot Kitty said...

Wow. No news is good news sometimes! I agree that pets and sunshine are always better than headlines.

Abby said...

SR300, the snow was having a good day yesterday. I agree, it was the sun. Now it's a mudfest.

RK, your presence is good news!