Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2019

thankfulness Thursday

I feel like it's time for a bit of update and thankfulness.

1.  It's  not freezing, currently.
It's a lovely morning with blue skies and mild temperatures.  We've had our share of snow and ice and cold and muck, which just makes me grateful for days like today in late February.  Not only is it nice to see the sun and spend comfortable time outside, it's nice for...

2. Getting fresh air on the pooch...



Penny the poochkin is about 6 months old now and a 20-pound powerhouse!  She's the smallest dog we've ever had, but don't be fooled by that little body!  So it's nice to get her outside so she can take me for a walk.  I'm really looking forward to taking her hiking once the trails are less muddy and she's gotten better at leash etiquette.  In the meantime...

3.  Potato training is going well too


The cat is an adept teacher.  He puts the "Nap" in Napolion.

4.  My wonderful, intelligent, polite, articulate tutees.
I have about ten students in my current "rotation", and with the exception of the strange mother/daughter thing I mentioned earlier, they're a nice bunch of hard working teens and young adults.  I realize that's been my typical experience, so a good bizarre situation serves as a reminder to be grateful.  

On that note, I did get a summons of sort this week from the bizarre one.  I was careful to ask for "evidence" of her needing a session - something I've NEVER requested before because it's a given, right??  I also asked that she cancel if things change - again, who needs to ask for this??


Later that evening, I got the follow-up cancellation.  Hallelujah.  Who knows what "switched around".  I'm starting to wonder if the mom was with her and told her to schedule when she initially texted, and then she cancelled later, in private.  

But who really knows?  It does serve as a reminder to appreciate the others!

And lastly, 

5.  More pet appreciation
Chaco and his girlfriend lost their dog, Calli.  ("lost" as in, she died).
Calli was a big beautiful Husky - the girlfriend's dog, and the two of them came as a package deal.  She'd had some recent health issues of which the vet hadn't pinned down the source, only ruled some things out.  Now, after the fact, it looks like she likely had a brain tumor 😢

So I'm grateful for pets in general and for getting to know Calli a little. She had a regalness about her, in that she seemed to know that she was a big, beautiful Husky, and we were honored by her presence.  Rest In Peace.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Linking up again this week with Mama Kat for the prompt:
5. List your five most recent favorite things.



8 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Penny has napping down! I envy her.

Okay I may need a tutor, what the hell are polynomials? I am assuming something with algebra since I flunked it and got a tutor and barely passed then.
Signed, your dumb blogger friend.

Annsterw said...

You are a smart, smart lady!!! I am so inept at math!!! Go you for understanding and even knowing how to factor a number!!! HA! Sorry for the loos of your sons pet...that is so hard! I have had to let three cats go in my adult lifetime and it gets harder every time!!! Penny is adorable! Annster's Domain

KatBouska said...

Awww so hard to lose a fur friend. I'm sure Calli had a wonderfully spoiled life. :) I'm grateful for pets too...when they're not peeing in my house. So glad you added in the note to cancel the session if things change. I do wonder what's going on with that mom though!

John Holton said...

It was nice of your student to text you back and cancel, regardless of the reason why. It's been a while since I've factored polynomials...

Stopping by from Mama Kat's...

John

Chatty Crone said...

I think Penny is cute and I am sorry about Callie,

At least your student wrote back!

LL Cool Joe said...

Is this the slightly creepy student? I bet you were pleased she cancelled!

Maybe I should write a post about things I'm thankful for. Dogs wouldn't be on the list. :D

Linda Hensley said...

RIP Calli and sympathies to those she left behind. Good for you to communicate so nicely with your tutee. At least she canceled in advance this time. While you can't do that much with her, I'm sure Penny will learn better manners in no time. May you enjoy many happy hikes together!

ShadowRun300 said...

Aw! Sorry to hear about Callie. But what a cutie Penny is! She looks like she needs her fair share of fresh air on her, as opposed to being cooped in a house. Hope things start to warm up soon.
Your tutee is getting more and more mysterious. What is up with her? Inquiring minds need to know!