Pages

Monday, February 4, 2019

drama and opportunity

Meego was texting me off and on last week as he and 3 friends were hunting for housing for next school year.  Being in a college town, they needed to snap something up well in advance.  I'm assuming he was attending classes and getting homework completed too!

They eventually found an agreeable... to all the guys and the parents... house and signed the lease, so good to have that out of the way.  He sent several photos, and it looks like a nice but typical college town rental.

Looking at the photos and noticing the general decor and cleanliness, I deduced that the current residents are all girls.  The guys did ask the landlord why the current tenants were moving, assuming that maybe they're all graduating this spring and have their lives after college lined up.

The reality is:

  •  "They are 4 girls who were all good friends and moved in together, and now they all hate each other."

Well, I doubt that's the first time THAT has happened with a houseful of college girls.

And speaking of housing, my tidying continues, and I sold two items on craigslist over the weekend.  So, not only do I have some extra cash, but we have about 20,000 more empty cubic inches to show for it. 😊



This week's prompt for Illustration Friday is "Flying", so I drew this germ-loving housefly as in

Flying:  the act of being a fly




6 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Boy are you making Marie Kondo proud!
And making me look like a slacker. I was lazy this weekend.
I purged 3 closets and I still have one big walk in to go.
I had to laugh at the college girls. Been there done that.
I never hated them but I did not wish to live with them anymore. Messy, dirty, take your clothes while you're out and spills something on the cashmere sweater. Oh I've been there. :-)

Chatty Crone said...

You son is wonderfully independent and you have let him go!
I love the story ab out the girls - isn't that the truth?

Morgan Cartwright said...

No surprise on the college girls! But their loss (of friendship and housing),it another persons gain.

Yay for Craigslist selling! I have some big items I want to sell and am trying to decide if I want to go the Craigslist or Facebook Marketplace route. :)

Abby said...

Margaret, the SuperBowl was boring, so I tidied instead.
I managed okay with my college roommates, but I took them on one-at-a-time. Can't imagine 4 in one house!

Chatty, I've heard that, in general, girls are all about the drama. Boys are just slobs.

Morgan, yes, it opened up a decent house for the 4 guys!
I've never tried Facebook Marketplace or ebay. Craigslist has been good to me so far.

LL Cool Joe said...

My daughter shares her digs with 2 other girls and the place is like a bomb site! So it doesn't always work out that girls are cleaner.

Well done on the decluttering. We do get rid of stuff but only to replace it with new stuff. :D

Abby said...

Joey, one girl I roomed with was the worst slob I know of. We got along okay, though - maybe there's a correlation?