Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2018

2018 rewind

It's time again for the year-end rewind.  Whew, 2018, we hardly knew ya!

Before charging onward into 2019, I'm recalling a few  events - mostly in pics - of the year past:

Got in the first miles and a medal on the New Year's Day "Rain, Snow, or 20-below" Rescue Run 10k.  It was chilly, but I discovered animal crackers and hot Gatorade.




Spent plenty a good time with my P.E.O. sisters...



Nearly froze again when the weather took an arctic turn during the Super Bowl half marathon.  I don't remember feeling as smiley at this point in the race.  I think my face was just frozen in this expression.



We FINALLY went mountain biking





Final prom tux rental?



We sponsored a local high schooler for a P.E.O. scholarship, and she GOT it!



Meego's high school let him graduate 😊





Chaco got a cool dog.




Wolfgang got a cool cat




Our neighborhood finally got decent-speed internet, so I could expand my nerd skills to online tutoring




Wolfgang got a new job and Meego conveniently enrolled at the university in Wolfgang's nice new hometown.  We can visit them both during not parent's weekend and otherwise.




I was thankful to trot my turkey on Thanksgiving.



And we end the year with the acquisition of sweetie pie Penny!



All in all, a good year! There was plenty more, but this has droned on long enough.  I did also make some delightful new blog friends and kept some old ones. 

I can honestly say that the highs outnumbered the lows, and I am truly blessed.  

Thanks to everyone who stops by!  Hope to see ya next year!





6 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

What a great year. So do you have two sons? And what does P.E.O. mean? I guess I am trying to find out more about you. Was that your hubs and FIL in that photo with two sons? You son and his girlfriend were cute! Happy New Year!

Tee said...

I love coming back to see that you are still steady in your blogging, and especially that life is treating you well. Happy New Year!

Abby said...

Chatty, you're one of the delightful new friends :).
We have three sons - Chaco is the oldest on the far right in Meego's graduation pic along with my husband and FIL - good guess! Wolfgang is next oldest and on the left in the hiking pic. Then there's Meego, the baby (don't tell him I said that).
Happy New Year to you!

Tee, thanks for stopping by, miss you! Happy New Year!

ShadowRun300 said...

I remember all of these! But has it really been that long since the animal crackers and hot Gatorade?
Happy New Year to you! Here’s wishin’ you have just as good a year in 2019. Looks like it’s shaping up to be that way, what with that cute little addition to your family! :)

Anonymous said...

This looks like a fantastic year! Congratulations on the running, that's awesome!

All the furbabies are adorable, animals bring the best energy to a home.

Hope you have a wonderful 2019!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Great year Abby. Here is to another fab year ahead in 2019