Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2018

monkey


I haven't participated in Illustration Friday in a while, and I'm probably in need of therapy, so I drew this freakish monkey toy to... relax?  Well, the prompt this week is "Monkey", and this is the thing that came to mind.  Remember these creepy toys?  SO glad I didn't have one.

But it seemed appropriate for tax season.  Have you completed yours??  Magnum is wrapping up ours, so we should know the bottom line soon.  I helped Meego complete his last week.  It took us about 10 minutes, so what's taking Magnum so long?! Kidding... don't tell him I said that!  He might go all crazy cymbal monkey on me.


8 comments:

ShadowRun300 said...

I know better than to tell Magnum that. My hubby does ours - well he gets all the paperwork together for our tax guy, but it is SO MUCH WORK. Multiple states... multiple business.... Thank goodness I don’t have to do anything with it. So yeah, I know better than to even kid about it.
Love your monkey! Looks just like I remember. **shiver**

Abby said...

Magnum chips away at them for days. It's a chore, but I honestly think a part of him likes the tediousness of it. And he usually learns something new and then gives me the cliff notes version :)

LL Cool Joe said...

That Monkey is super creepy. I do remember them but am glad to say I didn't have one either. :D

Abby said...

Whose idea were they anyway?!?

Riot Kitty said...

That is pretty awesome actually.

Abby said...

Thanks, RK. I like how it came out, but it's still creepy.

Linda Hensley said...

Love your monkey :) I can only wonder about the reactions of the other people towards GOF. Maybe many of them were thinking the same thoughts you were thinking? Or maybe too many people are too into themselves to think of others? I hope it was option 1. Glad she's okay.

Abby said...

Maybe a combination of both?