Pages

Friday, April 6, 2018

buns, bicycles, beaster bunnies

I haven't been tutoring in a while.  Honestly, I'm a bit afraid that I'm getting stupider because of it.  I'm thinking I should make an effort to combat the atrophy.

But, as "they" say, we learn something new every day, so I can at least make an effort to learn new things and remember them.  We just finished the month of March.  A whole month went by.  What did I learn?

I learned that you can get a clip-on man bun for starting around 10 bucks

Meego sometimes does jazz "gigs" with a couple of friends.  Nothing noteworthy or monetary - mostly stuff around the school district as requested.  He plays his bass while JL plays guitar and LV plays drumset.  JL and LV both have long flowing locks.  I mentioned to Meego about his being the odd man out with his sensible hair.  That's when he informed me of the clip-on man bun.


No purchase has been (or will be) made.

I learned the NOT German word for bicycle

A woman at work is from Germany.  She speaks  horrible English.  She cooks and serves pizza, and the kids hope for the best.  Most of the time, we can't understand what she's saying, but she's highly entertaining nonetheless.  Occasionally, we learn some German from her as she points out different things and translates.  She told me the German word for bicycle, which was difficult for me to say.  I looked it up later to learn the spelling.  I found nothing anywhere near the word she told me.


She probably told me the word for some body part.

I learned that there's an artistic person who works at the gym

Each time I've gone to the gym we recently joined, a different cartoon drawing greets me, usually with some sort of gymesque reference.  Spiderman one day.  A hot rod the next.  We never know what it will be.  This was last Sunday:


And with that, it's April.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Linking up with Mama Kat this week for the prompt:
1. Something you learned in March.


6 comments:

Linda Hensley said...

I'm pretty sure I heard the German word for bicycle when my childhood neighbor was yelling cuss words in my direction but I might confuse the bike word with the cussing? That was back when I was doing mountain biking without the mountain and before that was a term. Glad you found a new sport :)

ShadowRun300 said...

You DID learn some things. Me too! So thank you very much.
By the way, what’s Pike’s Peak like, say mid-June?

Abby said...

Yeah, there was probably a colorful adjective combined with the bicycle term! Maybe that what she was trying to tell me?

Abby said...

Your welcome :)
Pikes Peak in mid-June is beautiful. The weather is anyone's guess!

LL Cool Joe said...

I suppose those man buns would be good for covering up a bald patch on the back of your head. Prince Harry should get one before the Wedding. Do they come in ginger?

I think that German lady just told you, you are a wanker. Ha.

Abby said...

You should mention the clip-on man buns to Harry. You're going to the wedding, right? "Ginger bun" is just fun to say.