Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2018

so let it be done

I make lists.  Do you?  Actual written lists?  On paper?

I think the act of writing stuff down helps me to remember it better.  Plus, if it's a to-do list, there's the satisfaction that comes from scratching things off.


So, let's look back on stuff I did this week, shall we?

  • I took a nap one day.  I was tired.  There was a futon.  I totally owned it.
  • Costco run, complete with the industrial sized pack o' toilet paper.  You Costco people know what I'm talking about!
  • Let the cat out.  And in.  And out.  And in.  And out.  And...
  • Rode my bicycle INSIDE a line of construction cones.  Rebel!
  • I was able to get three people to audit our P.E.O. chapter books without me being one of the three.  Woot!
  • Made and served up SO many nachos, tacos, burritos, fajitas... Oh, things are a-spicy in lunch lady land.
  • Got out my sewing machine and made two big shirts into two shirts that fit.  I'm kind of a big deal that way... with a small top.

Okay, so a few of these things weren't actually on the list, but gotta have some spontaneity in life too!  And as I type this, I see that I also wrote down to defrost the freezer.  Yes, it's written down.  It's not scratched off.  The first step is to acknowledge that you have a problem.

What's on your list?


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Linking up this week with Mama Kat for the prompt:
4. List 8 things you accomplished this week!




8 comments:

KatBouska said...

Oh my gosh, what is the deal with our cats and the in/out on repeat all day everyday!? Drive. Me. NUTS!

Linda Hensley said...

I feel like I've cheated myself by not putting the in/out of dog on my list. But yes, I keep lists. A lot of the items are ideas for paintings that seem like a great idea when I'm in a creative flow, but never seem to inspire me when I'm not feeling creative. Also, a list of books I mean to read -- but I never remember the list when I go to the library. My housekeeping list is very detailed because I count it as a victory if I can cross off any item at all on it.

John Holton said...

Someone had a busy week!

ShadowRun300 said...

I make lists to ease my stress, otherwise I worry that I’m going to forget to do something. Once it’s written down, I can relax. What’s funny, is I don’t feel the need to cross the items off. :)
We experienced the ins and outs with our dog Chancie, and it would drive me nuts! Thankfully, our cat just likes to stay in.

Morgan Cartwright said...

I have so many lists. I love lists and the satisfaction of check marking things off.

You had an awesome week checking off things. How big is the industrial size pack of TP? Is it cheaper from Costco then Amazon? Asking for a friend. ;)

Jen E @ mommablogsalot said...

Sounds very productive to me!

Abby said...

Love scratching things off - especially obnoxious things.
Costco TP is 30 rolls for 16 bucks. Never bought from amazon, but I have prime so might have to check it out. Important stuff, that TP...

Morgan Cartwright said...

So Costco is much cheaper than Amazon. Looked up the Kirkland brand on Amazon and it was $31 plus change. I guess I need to travel to the Costco for a lot cheaper TP. We seem to go through a lot of it.