Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2018

cleaning the swamp

This weekend  marked the end of my term as president of my P.E.O. chapter.


It feels nice to have that responsibility lifted from my shoulders, but at the same time, I have residual feelings of needing to " do all the things".  And there were certainly nice aspects of the position...












I'm sure I'll get used to being just a Plain Jane "member", however.  The wrap-up involved a lot of business getting taken care of, so I feel good about checking all those things off before handing the gavel over to the next victim president.

And now I'm thinking about things I said I was going to get going on once my 2-year Prez term, which was preceded by a 2-year veep term, was up... if only I could remember what they are?


6 comments:

ShadowRun300 said...

I’m sure it’s a big relief to have some of the responsibility lifted off your shoulders. And I’m guessing it won’t be long til you find something to fill the void.
Loved the story of your date that wasn’t a date. Going back to bed wouldn’t have made for a great memory.

Abby said...

Well, I've already signed up for a couple of committees, but it is nice to no longer be listed as prez!
Yes, not going back to bed that morning turned out to be one of my better decisions, although it was tempting...

Jimmy said...

I am sure it felt really good to "pass the gavel" once it was all said and done, you know that you are going to be called upon for a while for advice and questions on procedure, no matter how prepared the new victim is they always lean on the previous one for help.

Abby said...

You're right, Jimmy. I know I did it. Sounds like you've been there.

Ginny said...

Now you need your portrait done. I think that's how it works.

Abby said...

You're so right. On my to-do list.