Pages

Saturday, September 30, 2017

I'll start tomorrow

Okay, I'm gonna do it.  Inktober starts tomorrow.  An ink drawing a day, every day, during the month of October.  To get myself mentally prepared, I visited the Inktober facebook page for inspiration.

I suppose it was inspiring... as well as intimidating.  As another visitor put it:

what about us ordinary folk who create mediocre artwork? Are we still able to participate or will we get publicly humiliated ?!! 

Public humiliation aside, I think it will be a fun challenge to wake up the parts of my brain I haven't used much lately.  I thought I'd get a head start today, and for ink, I'd already decided I want to steer clear of drawing people. And definitely no portraits.

The prompt for tomorrow is "swift", and this is all I came up with.











Okay, so much for planning...


















8 comments:

Linda Hensley said...

Nicely done! You almost inspired me to play, but I can't handle the commitment. Good luck with the challenge!

ShadowRun300 said...

That is so good! No way your work is mediocre.
Proud of you for making the commitment! I'm looking forward to seeing a drawing a day. :)

Jimmy said...

Excellent start, this looks good.

LL Cool Joe said...

I can't believe there are any unused parts in your brain. Nice drawing of Taylor Swift.

Abby said...

You can always do the "half marathon" version - take weekends off!
Or the "5k" - One a week!

Abby said...

I'm kinda looking forward to seeing them too. That will mean they happened :)

Abby said...

Thanks Jimmy, can't finish if ya don't start.

Abby said...

Well, thanks. Uhm... who are you, again?