So a few bullets to get caught up:
- Hung out at the DMV for what felt like forever to get Meego's permit. And it was the grimy DMV where the criminals go, not the posh one. Good times.
- I shopped and bought a beater clutch-car for Meego to learn how to drive a stick, clearly emphasizing that this is MY beater clutch-car. He will rent it with the option to buy.
- Watched The Martian. Three thumbs up.
- Took China in for her spring "bikini wax". I hardly recognize her.
- Gave Meego his first lesson in clutch mastery. We both survived.
- The school saga continues. Finals coming up. yay
The car thing is a bit distressing. On one hand, I was glad to have found this car - a 2005 Honda Civic. On the other hand, though, I'm a minimalist and bicycle commuter, yet here we are with four cars. There's the Element that Magnum usually drives to work, the Echo that I inherited from Mom, our van for camping and road trips (and hauling big honking band instruments), and now this Civic.
But I'll get used to it. They each serve a specific purpose. I suppose Mom's Echo is the most superfluous, but I have no plans to ever offload it because (1) it was Mom's and (2) who else has a 16-year-old car with 16K miles?
In other news, I got a facebook friend request this week from an old friend I haven't been in touch with since high school. We weren't necessarily BFFs, but chummy enough.
Some of my old HS friends who are now friends on facebook are quite the same as they were - still kinda living the "glory days" a bit, actually. Some have changed, but in predictable ways. And now reconnecting with this latest, it's interesting. She seems very different. Not in an unlikable way, but just in a way I wouldn't have expected. Lives a pretty simple life. Married, no kids. Makes beautiful quilts and other crafts. Still looks almost exactly the same, though.
Anyway, she's not far from me. We might do lunch sometime. That might provide something more blogworthy than the DMV and shorn dogs.