Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

right from the get go

First of all, for Mrs. Cranky Pants (and for "selfie" being The Word for 2013):

Back
Side


Front


Yes, that's a tattoo on my right arm.  I explained its conception a bit [here].

As I recall, the tattoo actually came into existence in January of 2010, don't remember the specific day.  But I guess it seemed like a good time for a renewal, or reawakening, or such.  I'm pretty sure, though, that I didn't make a New Year's Resolution to get tattooed.

And no, it didn't really hurt much.  I guess the upper arm isn't all that sensitive.  The tattoo rule of thumb is, "the better it feels to be kissed there, the more it hurts to be tattooed there", so go ahead and think about that...

One thing I DO remember about that day, however, was swinging by the local Walfarts on the way home to pick up the specific lotion my tattoo guy recommended for proper tattoo healage.

As I was pulling into the parking lot, I saw a bunch of police cars near one of the entrances.  During my drive over there, the radio announcer said that there was something going down at that particular Walfarts, and he'd fill us in as more details came in.

So there I was, fresh on the scene.  Apparently, what happened was some crazy walfart shopper set off the stolen-stuff alarm when he was exiting the store.  When he was confronted by the elderly greeter, he whipped out a gun *GASP* and actually fired a round into the ceiling *GEEZ!*

So I'm learning all of this as I'm pulling into the parking lot, fresh from the tattoo studio.  I'm all stay-at-home-mom from white collar suburbia still getting used to the idea that I even HAVE a tattoo guy, still fresh from the tattoo place, that things go all La Vida Loca!

It's been a wild ride ever since too.  Except when it hasn't.

.

24 comments:

terri said...

Okay, so that's the original tattoo! Here I was looking at the pics and thinking, "Abby got her other arm tattooed!"

I always sort of think I want a tattoo, but I've never received as clear of an answer as you gave whenever I ask someone, "Did it hurt?" Responses usually range from, "Not really," to "Like hell!"

We have a personal appearance code prohibiting visible tattoos at work, at least visible "new" tattoos. I guess if you have one and you get hired, you're not expected to hide it. Still, the code would play a factor should I ever decide to get serious about it, which, considering I have trouble getting blood drawn, is not a strong possibility.

Abby said...

I promised Mrs. Cranky Pants I'd post clear tattoo pics. I have no plans to get more tattoos, on the other arm or anywhere else, kissable or not!

A friend of mine got a tattoo on her calf and said she wanted an epidural. I suppose there is a range :)

Anita said...

I remember when you got "her;" or is it a guy? Looks a little feminine. Maybe it's neither - just a tattoo with no other reference.

I don't remember the Walfart story. Geeez is right!

The husband and I were at a New Year's Day wedding. Disposable cameras were on each table. Bored with all the usual shots, I started the selfie shots. Me and the husband, then each couple around the table. I hope the pics are funny when the new Mr. and Mrs. sees them. All that to say that I like the new "selfie" word, too!

I popped by Mrs. Cranky Pants and see her appeal. I'll have to go back when sleep is not summoning me.

Abby said...

I guess it's a girl tattoo. I hope so, she's seen me naked! I may have skipped the Walfart story in the original got-a-tattoo story - upstaging and all.

I understand the "selfie" just edged out "twerking" as the word of the year. Thank goodness! I bet the new couple will love your selfies!

Yes, stop by Mrs. CP's, tell her I sencha!

Rock Chef said...

I have heard that the inner upper arm is one of the most painful places for a tattoo. I know a couple of guys who have gaps there as it was too painful to join it up. Men and pain, eh? :-)

Nuts with Guns - never a good combination. Hope they sorted him out without anyone getting hurt!

Anonymous said...

Very cool to hear more detail about your tattoo, and to hear the Walfart story. Sheesh! One more reason to not go back, yet I still find myself there on occasion.
You'd think, with having a motorcycle, I'd also have a tattoo. But it's not likely to happen. I'll live vicariously through yours...
By the way, your link brought back lots of great memories of muddin'. Could 2014 be the year of the three little pigs?

Abby said...

Yes, my tattoo guy didn't extend across the inner arm for that reason. I know a guy who has a thick tattoo JUST on his inner arm (it's an ankh), probably to advertise how tough he is!

Abby said...

Hmmm... maybe I should get a motorcycle?
And I hear that 2014 looks to bring a bumper mud crop!

Riot Kitty said...

Good God! I have three (much smaller, I'm not as brave as you), and nothing that interesting happened at any of my appointments. However, I did hear some interesting stories...

Anita said...

Someone has your other (past) blog's url. I guess I can kill the follow now, huh?

Abby said...

Pics!

Abby said...

Kill or keep, it's snot me. :)

Anita said...

It was a good blog - used to get my motivation there at times. Oh well. Off to delete.

Junky's Running Dry said...

Nice! I dig it!

Abby said...

Which blog is it? The running one??

Abby said...

Thanks, you got any? Let's see!

Anita said...

Yep... Abby's Road

agg79 said...

Love the extended pictures of your tat. It fits your personality. Always wondered how painful it was to get. Something to separate the men (or women) from the boys.

Abby said...

You should get one just to experience the feel of ink being embedded into your flesh for once in your life! How about a snazzy beer stein on the pectorals?!

LL Cool Joe said...

I have a tat on my butt (And no I won't show photos!) , and I seem to remember it hurt quite a bit....hmm.

Nice arm tat, I like.

Ms. CrankyPants said...

Remind me to never piss you off! Teenagers and people with tattoos totally intimidate me. My GOD, teenagers with tattoos....

Thanks for the picture, though -- it is very cool, even if I'm a bit scared of you now!

Ms. CrankyPants said...

Word!

Abby said...

I did not know you have a tat on your butt. Why did I not know this?!

Abby said...

I try not to appear intimidating, unless I'm carrying my bazooka.