Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Silver Lining S-day, part XLI

Greetings, oh readers! Time for yet another silver lined installment on the bloggie.

It's been a busy and productive week. Sometimes a bit too busy and not productive enough, but all good.

As mentioned, the kids had their last days of school on Wednesday, and they've spent most days since, falling back into their slothful ways of summer. A little sloth is warranted, so it's good... for NOW.

Yesterday morning seemed like the first saturday morning in months where it wasn't chilly/drizzly/rainy/foggy/messy, and so marked the first saturday morning in quite some time that I enjoyed a dry, relatively warm, early morning bike ride. It was lovely, really. So Tessa the roade bike is the SLS photo of the week. Isn't she sweet? Facing the front door? Always at the ready?



This week I've noticed a break in the melancholy that had plagued me ever since we lost Ulysses. Last weekend, Meego and I went by his house and left a little something, including a note, at the memorial. I felt a peace almost immediately afterward.

I'm busy with teaching a good class of aspiring lawyers. They are a fun bunch. Our class wraps up this week, and I almost hate to see them grow up and leave the nest. I also started tutoring a psychology grad student this week who is very personable. Tutoring is tutoring, but it certainly helps when I actually like the tutee.

Magnum and I watched the movie Australia on DVD yesterday. I found it quite sappy and overdone... and too long. So why is it included in Silver Lining S-day, you ask? Hugh Jackman. That's why.
.

5 comments:

terri said...

So glad to hear that you're reaching a level of acceptance in your mourning. I can't imagine how difficult it is to lose a friend in such a tragic, senseless manner.

Nice to hear too that you're enjoying the students with whom you work. Enjoying what you do makes it seem so much less like, well... work!

brandy101 said...

that road bike looks totally boss. Look out for minivan phone-talkers!

Judy said...

Had no idea who Hugh Jackman was until I just googled him. Now I have to go see Australia.

Beej said...

I have Australia from Netflicks, sitting on my dresser waiting. I'm just too afraid to start it for fear it will never end.

Goes by the name of Anna said...

Yes, apparently we breed rather good looking men down here... I'd like to know exactly where they're hiding, though...