Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Found

I needed to defrost the freezer, which meant
I needed to take everything out of the freezer, which meant
I found some things in the freezer I'd forgotten, which meant
It was like a treasure hunt, which meant
I found some treasures.

I found some frozen shrimp.
I found some corn tortillas.
I found some coffee.

A big can of coffee.
From my experimental coffee abstinence program.
I'd put it in the freezer.
To save for after the experiment.
Except the experiment went on for so long,
I forgot about the big can of coffee,
Until I needed to defrost the freezer.

I needed to defrost the freezer, which meant
I made coffee in my coffee press, which meant
It was much better coffee than the occassional cup of instant, which meant
I vacuumed,
I dusted,
I biked to the post office,
I did laundry,
I got groceries,
I made a hair appointment for the dog,
I bagged stuff for thrift store pickup,
I planned a lesson,
I balanced the checkbook,
I paid the bills,
I collected fundraiser money,

And I defrosted the freezer. And it was good.
.

8 comments:

Freak Magnet said...

Way to go, Abby! What a productive day!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe the coffee was calling you from in there!

Whodat? said...

My kinda stimulus package!

agg79 said...

Whoa. Likeyouneedmorestimulationtodotuffaroundthehouse.

Musta been some good java.

Duble said...

could you send a little this way?

Also, you have a coffee press that makes you a coffee snob, doesn't it!?

terri said...

Amazing what a little caffeine can do for you.

Judy said...

Wow. That's like Christmas.

Goes by the name of Anna said...

Ahhh, I love days like that. Random constructive things are good!