I had one of those baby dreams last night. One of those where I have this cute newborn baby that never cries and always smells good, and I'm always caught up on everything so baby and I can just snuggle and giggle the day away.
Then I woke up and had that mildly disappointed / extremely relieved feeling.
Coincidentally, Brandy tagged me with this mommy meme over on facebook, and because of the sheer synchronicity of it and a good dose of laziness, I post it here as well. I won't tag anyone specific, but feel free to meme away - even the dads.
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?
If by "planned" we mean that I was too caught up in the moment / lazy to go do that whole diaphragm routine, and besides, I wasn't getting any younger... then yeah, he was totally planned.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
Excited, scared, nervous, happy, a little freaked out.
4. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
28 when I got pregnant; 29 when I had the baby
5. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
home pregnancy test
6. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
My husband then the father - KIDDING, they're both the same person!
7. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
8. DUE DATE?
Must've been January 17.
9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
Not really, just a little queasy and tired that first trimester.
10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Eggs and potatoes
11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
I don't remember being irritated. Didn't have any other kids yet, remember?
12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX?
13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
Yes, after the arrival, because I ended up going into labor the day it was originally planned for.
16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
It was planned as a surprise, but when I told my friends I wasn't coming because I was in labor, they told me to come anyway because they were throwing me a shower. They'd deliver the baby there if needed. I think they really would have.
17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
At a hospital in Rochester, NY. Forget the name. Rochester Memorial?? Rochester General?? Hospital O'Rochester??
19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
Ten or eleven I think. It's all part of that birthing amnesia fog.
20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
Magnum, my ob/gyn, the nurse, and a young intern guy on his maternity rotation.
22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
No, I'd heard it makes you say weird things. And I didn't get an epidural because, DAMNIT!, Mom had three babies without one, so could I!
24. Did you nurse (breastfeed)?