Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2026

hair, a bun, hooter

Happy Fall! Swap out your toothbrush heads? Flip the mattresses?

It's getting noticeably cooler around here, no complaints from me. It was a good week. Let's see if I can remember what happened.

  • I had feed-the-cat duty for Wolfgang this week as he was once again on a travel adventure. So it was good to have Honey, my new bicycle, as cat duty adds a few extra miles to the commute. I thinks she's well broken in now (the bicycle, not the cat). And that was another reason to welcome the cooler temperatures

    *on a side note, the Ring camera still calls me a child. Apparently anyone riding a bicycle and/or wearing a backpack is a child*

  • The previous week at work in the testing center, Party Girl was all gung-ho on the idea of cutting her hair and getting a 20-inch wig. She often gets these "obsessions", some come to fruition, others peter out. We all have those bad hair days when we just want to "cut it all off!" I think she'd had a couple of those. Went so far as to research wigs, and pick one out online.

Her hair is long - 23 inches she claims. She's mid 50's and her hair is not that of a young woman. She told me she likes having her hair long, though, because her controlling mother made her wear her hair short while growing up. 

"It's revenge hair".

This week, I heard nothing further of the wig acquisition.

  • In other coworker news, Kitty is pregnant once again. Recall that Kitty had a "shotgun wedding" a couple of years ago - brought about by her and her now-husband's surprise daughter.

Things are working out so nicely, they decided to go again. A boy this time. Kitty's intention was a little sister for the 2-year-old. The universe had other plans.  

I asked her if her parents were excited. 

"Oh yes! Lots better than the last time I told them I was pregnant..."

  •  In reading news, I'm up to 35 books for the year (my goal was 26, yay me). My recent completions:


Recognize any? My pace has slowed somewhat since the fall semester started. I'm currently reading a couple of books about Sam Bankman-Fried and his whole cryptocurrency sham. Love me some white collar true crime.

  • Lastly, Magnum and I went up to Helms Deep earlier today. More roadwork. The trailcam shows the usual suspects - mostly deer. 

This hooter was new, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment