Official day 1 of "staycation". Fall semester begins in two weeks, so I'm currently coasting. I do still have a couple of shifts in the testing center and one day of scheduled tutor training, but that's it.
Right now, I'm at the downtown library, which is one of my "artist date" places. The phrase was coined by Julia Cameron in her book [The Artist's Way] which I read several years ago.
I'd checked her book out of the library where we lived at the time. I remember chatting with the librarian about it. She'd told me that the library held a series of workshop sessions built around the book, and a man tried to sue them because his wife asked for a divorce after completing the workshop - HA!
Personally, I got a few good takeaways from it, but overall, the book was nothing earth shattering.
Anyway, I'd ridden my bicycle here, and as I was locking up, a mom and her two kids were unlocking, getting ready to leave. She has one of those "minivan" e-bikes that can hold cargo and kids. There was a girl of about 5 and a little boy about 3.
The little boy, rather brusquely, asked his mom for something.
Her: Can you ask it with manners?
Him: Pweeaase?
How to say no?
But speaking of instruction of children and saying "no", I've noticed an annoying (to me) trend.
Okay, first, how is a pen/pencil held? I hold mine as in this example....



No comments:
Post a Comment