Yesterday, I sat through a 5-hour Zoom recording in half the time. Doncha just love 2x speed playback?
It was a semester kick-off tutor meeting, and thankfully, the bosses recorded it so we could watch it on our own time if unable to attend live via Zoom. Honestly, I could've managed to make the meeting live, but when we were told the recording would be available, I opted for that.
- The semester begins on Monday, and I've had a nice 2-week break since summer finished. This week, I managed to sort through a few items to donate or trash and also $$old a couple things we no longer need but have good resale value. That felt productive.
- Got the mammogram off the to-do for another year.
- Met another of our neighbors at Helms Deep. He told us they bought their property after the 2012 fire, then built their house and now live there full-time. Betcha he got a good deal on the land. They still had a house in town at the time, and also lived in a shed - like the kit kind from Home Depot - while building the house.
We're still in early brainstorming stages of some sort of shelter for us. We just have a windowless tool shed, and we would need to evict the mice if we want to move into it. Maybe we just dig a hole in the ground, like the hobbits or Teletubbies.
- On that note of living primal, I will give a product shout out. For the first time in my life, I bought one of those devices for women to stand up when nature calls.
Once I got past the cultural paradigm shift, because it was weird at first, I realized I wished I'd have gotten one years ago for camping and hiking. Not gonna post a pic, it's basically a flexible [funnel].
When I was a kid, growing up in a neighborhood full of boys, my playmates would often head into the woods to "talk to the trees". Well, now I'm making up for lost time, having some good conversations.
- Lastly, this week, we met another marriage milestone. 36 years?? I googled to see the gift material of choice for year 36. The answer: bone china.
"Bone china is a type of soft-paste porcelain made from clay, feldspathic rock, and a minimum of 30% bone ash derived from cattle
Well, seems fitting. Since we've got them cow neighbors.

Happy belated anniversary!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
DeleteThe funnels are better than squatting along side the path I suppose. but then you have to take something to clean the damned thing. Maybe the womenfolk should stay in the kitchen where they belong...OR maybe the womenfolk caN PEE WHENEVER THEY NEED TO PEE JUST LIKE THE MENFOLK , WITHOUT IT SEEMING LIKE A "COME ON". MEN CAN NO LONGER DICTATE- HA HA. WE HAVE COME FAR BUT HOT FAR ENOUGH! Oops didn't mean to yell. My finger slipped. So another year begins for you, work and meetings !
ReplyDeleteHave you thought of retiring and building a yurt on your property? I have always been fond of yurts.
Yep, it's not just "shake the dew off the leaf" and zip back up. I carry a spare water bottle that is my "sink".
DeleteI guess I'm waiting for the husband to retire. He doesn't hate his job yet, and they seem to like having him around for now, but it's certainly on the sooner-rather-than-later horizon. We're not getting any younger
The word yurt has definitely entered the chat. We've rented them before, and I'm a fan. There are kits - something to figure out the logistics of.
Would you be able to put a small camper up on your property? Seems to me that would be the most comfortable option if you can't build a house right away. I've seen those "funnels" before and they are a brilliant idea! Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteYep, a camper is another option. Others have done that.
DeleteStanding up to pee. How cool. Will it take long to remove the mice? 2x speed for those things is a must.
ReplyDeleteThe mice aren't really a problem, and are inevitable in that setting. If we lived there full-time, we would stategize!
DeleteAlways wondered why they called it Bone China.
ReplyDelete