Pages

Friday, August 30, 2024

crushes, cake, coaxing

Happy Friday as many of us settle in for a long weekend - the unofficial end of summer. Mornings are getting noticeably cooler. Nice! 

I'm off of work today, so it's a 4-day-weekend. It was a good and busy week. Nearly every time slot in my tutoring schedule is filled, and the tutees are all very pleasant. I think I've just got one 1-hour slot left on Wednesdays. Anyone?

Testing biz has picked up a little with students returning. We're not quite at full capacity yet, but soon. For now, we challenge each other by seeing who can be the fastest at the various addictive NYT games: wordle, connections, spelling bee, mini crossword, strands. When things get really busy, we might need a 12-step program.

Our work study staffer, known here as Work Study, has crushes on a couple of campus security guards. Conveniently for her, campus security is located right across the hall from the testing center. Earlier in the week, one of the crushes had a birthday that coincided with our Grandboss's birthday.

Work Study used the excuse to incessantly suggest getting a birthday cake to celebrate Grandboss, even though Grandboss doesn't work at our campus.

She got the cake, then got us all to pose for a pic to send to Grandboss so she could then present the cake to her true birthday crush. 

As I said, business is a bit slow at the moment.

The rest of us reluctantly agreed to the pic, seemingly all with expressions saying "So sorry. This was Work Study's idea..."



As for the long weekend, I've no real plans. The house could (as always) use a little cleanup - inside and out. Plus, my email says I must go shoe shopping... running shoes.




It would be wrong to ignore, wouldn't it? 

Decisions: clean the bathrooms, or go shopping...


5 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

I love my joggers that I have. Iti like I don't even know my feet are on the ground. Funny about the picture. Happy 4-day weekend. I'm on lunch break, soon to be done and headed into a 3-dayer.

Abby said...

Happy Whisk, right on. Go get that weekend!

Chatty Crone said...

Have a wonderful weekend - I am sure that slot will be filled!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I hope you went shopping! No one on their death bed has ever said, Damn I wish I had cleaned more. :-) You look great. I really like your glasses!

Abby said...

Chatty, wonderful weekend to you as well!

Peggy, shopping won!