Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2024

a Japanese cat relic?

 I could use some advice. 

We've got a short trip coming up. Dogs will stay at a local kennel, and the cat will have the house to himself. I feel okay leaving the cat for two or three days with a gravity feeder, big bowl of water, and a pristine litter box at the ready. This trip will be slightly more than 3 days, and I asked my friend/Boss - a card-carrying cat lover - if he wouldn't mind checking in on Napolion, our cat.

He accepted the mission, said he's got nothing else going on those days, and would be happy to do it. He lives just a couple of miles away, too, which is why I thought to ask him. Normally, I would ask a neighbor kid, but I honestly don't currently know any neighbor kids well enough - a ramification of empty nesting, I suppose.

With a neighbor kid, I would just give them some cash. But what to do with Boss friend? Feels cheesy to give him a gift card or such. 


Any suggestions?

For reference, he's about 60 years old - a single (never married)  history buff and Japanophile. Likes to read (history and Japan, duh), hike, and bicycle. Oh, and he's rather fond of cats.

I'm drawing a blank here.



4 comments:

Chris said...

Something edible as a thank you gift?

Herb said...

I agree with something edible...

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Why is a gift card a bad thing along with something yummy?
I'd do gift card to Amazon if he likes books or a local book store. It's a tough one. Good Luck.

Chatty Crone said...

Where are you going? Is there anything that is noted from there? A food or something they make?
A dinner gift certificate?