Pages

Sunday, January 14, 2024

so... what're you wearing?

Greetings from the freezer. I know we're not the only ones stuck in an arctic blast. 

Today we enjoyed some psychologically warming sunshine, and I noticed a reading of 12F on our thermometer earlier this afternoon. Strange how 12F seems so warm.

Yesterday, after I got home from work, we decided to test our outerwear on a 2-mile walk in 3F. We only got a couple inches of snow, so drifts weren't a factor.

So we bundled up, and I'm happy to report the gear did its job.

For reference, I wore:

  • leggings under jeans under windpants
  • turtleneck under hoodie under gore-tex parka
  • balaclava under ski hat under goggles under hood
  • wool glove liners under insulated trigger mitts
  • two pairs of socks under water resistant hikers.

All performed wonderfully, and I remained quite cozy toasty, although I wouldn't want to make a habit of this. 



5 comments:

Jeanette said...

Wow, that's a dure way to protect yourself from the cold!

BootsandBraids said...

All that clothing and you still look stylish, sleek and slim. Good job!

Linda Sue said...

You look like art. I am in the airport wondering why….

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Wow. Now I can't imagine how one plays football in this type of clothing and cold. Crazy. But you look good!!
I feel bad saying it's cold here.

Allstarme79 said...

Wow, at least you were prepared. I would never want to live anywhere that got that cold. I'm a Florida girl, through and through.