Pages

Wednesday, January 3, 2024

moving on

Okay, holiday season is over. Time to get on with the business of getting through the winter. 

The break was nice, but I was ready to get back to work yesterday. As it was, we only gave four, count 'em FOUR tests the whole day. And it was only for two people because one guy did three tests. Talk about easing back into it. 

Boss had closed a bunch of things down, however, "just in case", so it was expected. I'm off today, but the schedule looks to be back to normal now.

New Year's Eve and day were non-events here. I think I was in bed by 9pm on Sunday. Plus, Magnum was down with Man Flu. Now, a few days later, it appears that I've contracted it as well. It feels like... a head cold.


Anyway, I "worked" with Sarge and Boss yesterday. We did a bit of tidying and updating things with all that free time. In discussing our New Year's reveling, theirs was as boring as mine. I mentioned my start of "The Great Declutter of 2024", and Sarge talked of painting his basement. Party animals, I tellya.


We did talk of "the old days" when we could go into work the following morning after a night of drinking. In my younger days, I'd worked at a hotel restaurant. Some mornings, the sight of the empty booze bottles from the bar the night before could make things a bit rough. Sarge told us that he'd worked on a garbage truck for a while and recalled collecting garbage while hungover. Ugh, yeah, that would've definitely been worse.

Now, here we are, cleaning house and painting basements. Did our younger selves see this coming?


7 comments:

Allstarme79 said...

LOL I don't know; I've never been good at working with a hangover. I've done it, sure, but it's always awful. I'm just glad I didn't drink new year's eve. Woke up the next day and did a run. Didn't see anyone else out there!

Abby said...

Allstarme79, Good for you. I was also out early Monday morning - just a handful of dog walkers. YESTERDAY, however, on my bike ride to work, more joggers than usual. The resolutionists are at it.

John Holton said...

Cleaning house and painting basements... man, you're living life on the edge, aren't you?

Abby said...

John, yes, we really need to slow down.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh how I relate! I went out at night came home at 3am. Set alarm for 45minutes because I had to be at airport ticket counter to work in heels and look good by 5:30am. How the hell I did this I'll never know!!

Danielle L Zecher said...

I hope you're over your cold soon. I love that definition of man-flu. That sounds so much like my dad! He usually gets very dramatic, tells you he's dying, and asks you to read the bible to him.

I've never been an NYE partier; I've never wanted to share the road with all of the people who have been out drinking. We were awake at midnight, but we were in bed listening to an audiobook. Apparently, we're also quite the party animals.

Abby said...

Peggy, it was good while it lasted!

Danielle, you crazy partiers! That's funny about your dad😝