Pages

Sunday, October 1, 2023

Barbies and turtles

Happy October! Feels like it snuck up on us. 

October is typically one of my favorite months, weather-wise anyway. It also is the month of Inktober! 31 days, 31 ink drawings.

I've made it to the starting line at least. Today's prompt is "dream"

I always wanted one of these Barbie Dream campers, but alas, it was not to be. Maybe I'll have a real one when I'm an old(er) lady.

Speaking of starting lines and old ladies, this morning was also the first of the season for Tortoise and Hare races. It was a short and sweet 4K (2.5 miles). Big turnout because...

  1. it's the first race of the season
  2. it's the shortest race of the season
  3. the weather was beaut
I managed to make it to the finish without succumbing to injury or death, so it was a win. I noticed another runner refer to the races as "Tortuga y Conejo", and I think I like that better. Maybe I'm getting bored with English.

knee-highs ftw

I don't think I was too much of a tortuga. I was slightly slower than my predicted pace as the algorithm is still adjusting to my post-covid self, but it was a fun time with the other weirdos. 

So a nice end to a decent week and a nice start to the month. See ya, summer.


6 comments:

Allstarme79 said...

It's about that time for races here too. I am not trained up for the 12.5 mile trail run I did last year so I'll be sticking to the Turkey Trot 5k and then the 5 mile challenge in early December.

Liz Hinds said...

Love your drawing! I've never heard of Inktober.
Running though? Nah, not for me. Well done you.

Abby said...

Allstarme79, sounds fun! Our local run club does 7 T&H races, October thru April, of varying distances. Nice way to keep us on our toes, literally.

Liz, I think one of my kids told me about Inktober several years ago. I've been participating ever since, but have gotten all 31 prompts just once. Jump in!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I too wanted a Barbie camper and dream house. I had neither. I did survive though. It's still hot here. 85 today. I am so ready for 65-70. or colder I wouldn't mind either. I want to wear a sweatshirt and long pants.

Abby said...

Peggy, I actually did have the Barbie townhouse - complete with elevator, living the high lifestyle.
I wore fleece and long pants yesterday 🤗

Jeanette said...

I loved Barbie and played with them all the time! I never had any kind of accessories for her though. I would make furniture out of cardboard and clothes out of tissues or fabric scraps from my mom!