Pages

Monday, September 4, 2023

furry function?

It's Labor Day, so a day off from the grind to extend the weekend. I'm going to try to be productive. 

I said I don't follow college football, but I did check in on the final score of the Colorado Buffaloes game on Saturday because of all the preseason hype. It looks as though Coach Prime and the team delivered and now sit at 1-0. All they need to do is win one more game this season to beat last year's record.



The hype and subsequent win inspired me to do this little drawing of the CU mascot, Chip. I haven't done much drawing aside from doodles since the end of last Inktober, so the football weekend was good for something.


And speaking of mascots, over the weekend, I learned that Amazon has a mascot. What? 




Its name is "Peccy" and is described as:

"He’s just a mascot, a symbol of the company’s belief in the power of being peculiar." 



from an article I stumbled upon, written in 2019.

Who knew?








The college where I work has a mascot even though we have no sports teams or intercollegiate competitions of any kind that I know of. 

I'm not sure what his function is, but he's a wolf.

He's a wolf who has the day off.

Stay peculiar.


6 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

Super cute drawing!

Abby said...

Happy Whisk, thanks, it was fun.

Allstarme79 said...

My one connection to your Buffaloes is Deion was a Seminole but I guess he made some remarks about cutting his ties to FSU and now people are mad at him. Doesn't bother me; if he makes people mad, it just mean I'll support him more. I've always been THAT person. LOL.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Amazon needs a mascot huh? I thought it was Bezos.

Danielle L Zecher said...

I had no idea that Amazon had a mascot.

I hope you had a good day off. We had a nice split of being productive and having an extra day to relax.

Your drawing looks great.

Abby said...

Allstarme79, I share your general support of rebels :).

Peggy, looks like Peccy and Bezos have similar hairlines?

Danielle, my day off was much like yours 👍