Pages

Friday, August 25, 2023

for reals


I came across this little (literally) guy this morning while out on another morning meandering.  


He seems appropriate for the Friday mood.





He is one detail in this larger... erm... yard ornament decoration thing?


It sits on a corner house, and I'd seen it before while bicycling by, but never looked at it closely before this morning.

There is a whole mess of little characters and crevices to discover.  The painted mailbox says, "Fairy and Leprechaun mail only". The main structure is part of a tree that is bolted down to a tree stump. Looks to me like the bolted down portion is part of the original tree. 

Either way, I enjoyed the morning look-like-a-runner outing as it's raining now. We're predicted to have lots of rain all day today - a rarity here. Remnants of hurricane Hilary, perhaps?

My work schedule changed slightly this week, and I'm liking the new schedule well enough. We're in the process of hiring a new boss since Boss boss was promoted to yet another layer of admin. Current Assistant Boss is in the running, but not necessarily a shoe-in, and hopefully we'll have an answer within a couple of weeks.

In the meantime, I played around some more with my little Wacom tablet. I am a legit preschooler when it comes to creating digital art. Clearly in the only-can-do-cartoony-things phase.

I call this depiction "me walking the dogs while imagining me walking the dogs"

Based on a true story.


3 comments:

Linda Sue said...

You, I am sure, will be leaving fairy and leprechaun mail in that post box.
I would !

Dogs in drawing are actually moving in a very wiggle dog way!

Abby said...

Linda Sue, fashioning my leprechaun letter now.

Danielle L Zecher said...

I hope you find out who your new boss is soon; it can be so stressful not knowing!