Pages

Sunday, June 18, 2023

puddles


Happy Father's Day to all the good dads out there! (Deadbeat dads, move on).

Pic of my dad and me from a loooooooong time ago (I was about 16). Dad was a total gringo, mostly English probably. I recently heard the term "hapa" as to describe half-asian, half white people. 

So I guess I fall into that category (Mom was Filipina), but you likely won't hear me using the term.

Colorado is currently uncharacteristically lush and green. We've been getting so much rain, it's a jungle out there. 

Coming back from a dog walk, I snapped this pick of our young maple tree, George, whom we acquired about a year ago. He's filling out nicely, all "George of the Jungle"



Magnum removed the (HUGE) training poles a few weeks ago.  Looking back, he was so tiny *sniff*.

We've got other landscaping plans for the front yard, but that's where the status remains - plans.

I spotted this little spy while cleaning the week's mud and gunk from my bicycle.

I think I'll name it Puddles.

I have a short work week ahead. Juneteenth is a federal holiday, so the college is closed tomorrow. I do have one tutee to meet with, and I'll try to make good use of the rest of the day.


No comments: