Pages

Saturday, June 3, 2023

keeping it classy

Rain is lightly falling outside my window. Birds are chirping. It sounds like those rainforest videos... in Colorado?  We've been getting a lot of rain this spring, and I'm not complaining. The weeds are taking over, but it's green foliage rather than brown dirt, so there we go. 

This week became somewhat busy. I guess with one day less in the work week, all else became concentrated. Summer classes started at the college on Tuesday, but testing has yet to be impacted much by that. 

On the tutor side of things, I've been getting requests from high schoolers, mostly from the east coast  (schools here are already on summer break) for final exam cramming. Yuck. They didn't learn the material well enough during the semester and also didn't learn that they can't cram it all into a 2-hour tutor sesh. 

Moving on. Boss has mostly moved to his new office at one of the other campuses. Yay! The vibes we're getting from the crew at  his new location are quite grumbly, not surprisingly. God help 'em. I'm quite interested to see how this is all going to play out over the next few months. In the meantime, Boss's non-presence at our office is delightful.  Omg, so much.

I plan to catch up on a few things this weekend, including blog reading, after the busy week. Personal blogs have given way to vlogs, tiktoks, etc. 

We bloggers are the Classics!


1 comment:

Liz Hinds said...

I was 'encouraged' to retire by my boss and at that point I decided it was probably a good idea! Before i said something I probably wouldn't regret.