Pages

Thursday, April 20, 2023

support services

I got to work a couple days ago for my closing shift. Boss sat me down as soon as I arrived.

"Sheesh", I thought, "haven't even changed my shoes and I'm already in for a mundane story?"

But no, it was actually work related. Assistant boss, my closing companion, was out with Strep. Eew. Boss said he himself would stay late, but he had an eye appointment - of which he thankfully held back on the mundane details for once - that he didn't want to reschedule. 

"Party Girl is going to come in until Work Study gets here, then it's just you and Work Study after that".

Okay, that would work. We are required to have at least two people at any given shift. A workstudy student probably counts more like a half a staff (limited access to things), but we wouldn't tell anyone. In short, it was me running the ship with Work Study, my faithful side kick.

I mentioned that Work Study has an emotional support dog? Well, she brought the snarling, vicious cur. 


Just look at this junkyard dog!


He's a mix of 3 little breeds I easily have forgotten, but he's about 15 pounds of pure cute.


I typically prefer larger, more athletic, less yappy pooches, but this ones a keeper. Never a yap to be yapped from his fluffy self.


The afternoon and evening progressed smoothly with the poochkin typically making friends with everyone who came by. 


I'm curious as to how/where Assistant Boss contracted strep. He's single, a somewhat homebody, and a bit of a germaphobe.

We know Chaco is a carrier as he managed to infiltrate nearly his entire daycare with recurring cases of strep back in the day. In later years, he would greatly contribute to a young friend's tonsil removal.

Since Chaco was here recently, I'm wondering if he gave me a case of it, asymptomatic to me. I know it's happened before. Did I infect Assistant Boss?

Test Pooch and I won't say a word. 


No comments: