Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2023

nothing to see here

I'm sitting in a Starbucks which is something I very rarely do. But I was feeling a bit stir crazy with nothing pressing to do, so I decided to come to this particular Starbucks near our house and check it out as a possible tutee meet place. 

A little reconnaissance mission, no "weather" balloons necessary.


It's gets a "maybe" as a suitable tutee place  - not too loud or distracting, decent parking. Tables a bit small. I had a Christmas gift card from Boss, so the overpriced obligatory beverage was free to me. It does seem a little busier than I expected since it's after 4pm. But I dunno what's typical, I'm not a member of the Starbucks crowd.

There is a middle-aged couple behind me discussing The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning and the woman's goal of early retirement. The man was talking about how he's worried about forgetting things, and  I became worried about eavesdropping on a personal conversation about the man's slip into dementia.

A little more involuntary eavesdropping reveals they're discussing an upcoming trip. He's worried about forgetting something for the ocean visit. PFFFFT.

A little boy of about 4 years climbed down his chair to deposit his and his (presumably) mom's trash. He maintained eye contact with me the entire trip, even while depositing the trash. 

Is there something on my face? You'd tell me, right?


6 comments:

BootsandBraids said...

So long as the kid doesn't take as shine to you and start stalking, you're okay.

Abby said...

BootsandBraids, you would know!

LL Cool Joe said...

Well at least your table looked clean. Busy? The place looks empty! :D

Chatty Crone said...

Kids do that. I am interested in the Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning. What is that?

Abby said...

LL Cool Joe, I took the photo shortly after sitting down. Once I started blathering on in the blog, a trail of customers came in. What's up with that?

Abby said...

Chatty, The Gentle Art of Swedish Death Cleaning is a book about paring down possessions and organizing what's left so your loved ones don't have to do it after you die. Makes sense to me. My possessions are not yet ready for my death, though.