Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2022

storm before the calm

I worked the Saturday shift with Party Girl yesterday. She confirmed, as I expected, that she is also hoping big for Boss's promotion. In fact, she didn't mince her words when the subject came up, stating, "Oh, he needs to get the F*CK outta here", then told me how he held her captive talking about stock car racing while she was trying to "actually get some work done" on Friday.

Boss has been a life long bachelor for all of his 62 years until just a few months ago when he moved in with his "girlfriend" of about 2 and a half years. We consider his living alone for so long to be the main reason behind his long-winded, self-centered monologues. Or is it vice versa?

Wouldn't it be funny if he got the promotion, but kept his current office? Ha! NO!

Either way, girlfriend must be a glutton for punishment or otherwise made differently than the rest of us. 

Anyway, another good week down. I finished up with all my college tutoring for fall semester as students are in the throes of final exams now. Tomorrow is sure to be a zoo in the testing center as it's the last day of finals. The storm before the calm.

I'm not at all on the ball with Christmas prep, but no biggie since we don't make a big deal about it in our household. Still, I like having something for each of the kids to open. And I might finally get some lights hung later today. Neighbors keep putting us to shame.

This reminds me that it's once again time for the box of diabetes to arrive from Magnum's dad's wife. I've mentioned here before how most of it ends up at work breakrooms and/or the trash since I don't know of a good way to get her to stop sending the mountain of store-bought sugar shock each year. It just seems so wasteful.

Maybe she'll forget this year? 


5 comments:

Linda Sue said...

I just ate two fruit cakes by myself- let's talk about slowly and painfully dying of diabetes! What is wrong with me!!! Interest in Christmas is most certainly waning , I think- COVID made us feel desperate to celebrate something, anything!! Yeah, bring on the lights, the excess, the carolers, the feel good movies, the fruit cakes, and a good winter storm threatening to take us out with every gust. Nostalgia?

My Christmas wish is for you to get rid of boss and maybe a bit of world peace...not to much to ask.

Abby said...

Linda Sue, welp, someone has to eat the fruit cakes. Yep, COVID messed up a couple of Christmases. We maybe need a good travel snarl to feel Chistmassy again.
I thank you for the wishes!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Third attempt - I keep getting an Oops something went wrong message.
I think breakrooms and work is the perfect place to bring your box of diabetes. Does she not know you well?
I don't even have up decorations or a tree. Not into it this year and since it's just the two of us we've decided we're done with Xmas. No kids and that makes a huge difference. I don't even miss it.

Abby said...

Peggy, I appreciate your perseverance :)
Stepmom-in-law thinks she knows us, it's a long story. But she's German and likes to send these German cookies and things. Nice thought, but just sends way too much.
If we didn't get together with our kids, I doubt I'd get out the decorations - maybe just some token lights for the neighbor scrutiny.

Jeanette said...

One good thing about working in an office is there is always somewhere to take unwanted goodies!