Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2022

drifting

Winter solstice 2022 is Wednesday, 12.21.22 at 2:47pm MST, but who's counting? I'm looking forward to more daylight/ less nightdark. We're almost there. Will my headlight batteries last long enough?

I'm appreciating the warm house after a cold, blustery week. Today is just cold without the blustery. We've been step-by-step replacing pieces of our house, a former rental. Last year it was water pipes, water heater, windows, furnace. Now we've moved onto washer, kitchen range, and are currently in the middle of a bit of dishwasher drama, and it's all good. Appliance makeover is nearly complete. *looking at you, old fridge*.

The new range has an induction cooktop, which is very cool (and hot), and I'm still learning its idiosyncrasies. I have a voucher for a 6-piece cookset from Samsung in exchange for my review on their website. Haven't given the review as the range is still pretty new, plus... I don't need the cookset. We'll see if I get motivated enough to submit a review.

In entertainment news, this week we watched a couple of good movies. Firstly, Emily the Criminal with Aubrey Plaza as the title character. I thought it was really well-done, although I didn't like any of the characters. In this case, I didn't need to like the characters to like the movie... and now I'm paranoid about credit card fraud.



We also watched Troll, a Norwegian movie about, well, a troll. It's basically a monster movie, but it was better than I expected, having some colorful, well-written characters. 


And I'm reminded of the 2010 film "Troll Hunter", which was also quite good.  Troll Hunter is not necessarily a monster movie. It's presented like a documentary production made by a group of film students. Bunches of fun!


I'm looking forward to wrapping up this week at work, then we have a week off before the January fun begins. Boss had his interview for that promotion, so we've all got fingers crossed but not counting any chickens. 

I'm about as ready as I'm going to be for Christmas. Just need to get the food. Minor detail.


3 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I am not Aubrey Plaza's biggest fan so while it's on my list to watch I haven't watched it yet.
When we moved here the homeowner had just purchased a few years earlier a new appliance package. All that black stainless steel. Well we had upgraded ours in our old home a few years ago and we got what we really wanted this time. But then we moved years later.
Now living here she got the middle of the road and most is crap. The dishwasher isn't great, and the fridge is awful.
I LOVED my Bosch dishwasher. The space-saving inside tricks were great and it was so quiet we'd forget it was running and open it. The fridge I left behind we would buy again but now I am not in a position to be able to afford it. Rick and I each time we go into the fridge we complain, we hate it so. Oh well. It's what I've got and I need to be thankful. Our fridge was a 4-door LG. I'd get the warranty because they are notorious for have an issue with the compressor. But I'd still buy it again.
Merry Chrismas to you and your family!!

Jeanette said...

yay for Winter Solstice! I always celebrate the days getting longer! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!

Abby said...

Peggy, we got an LG dishwasher that crapped out on us in about 3 weeks. Traded it, still within the return window, for a low-end Bosch and awaiting its arrival. Merry Christmas to you!

Jeanette, the forecast is for verrrry c-c-c-cold this week like many parts of the country. Stay warm, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!