Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2022

mix tape

Hey, it's been a week!  Time for some reflection?

Firstly, I can say that I have had no more hives show up since last week's visit.  Maybe it was booster vax, maybe it was something else entirely.  Whatever, they haven't returned.


Speaking of returning, students started classes last week at the college where I work. Proof of full COVID vaccination or agreement to do weekly testing is required for on-campus classes and events this semester, thus making my job feel even more bouncer-like than before.

Most are easily compliant as they've had plenty of warning. A couple of non-student testers did refer to us as "communists", however.  We're thinking of designing a flag for ourselves.


We had us an ice storm here on Wednesday.  Strange thing for Colorado, and things were quite the mess for the day.  As I slip-slided my way across campus, a guy walked by wearing a pair of spikes over his shoes, and I was all,

"Damn, I have two pairs of those things.  Lotta good they're doing me inside the closet at home".  

Maybe the ice storm was to remind me of things forgotten over the summer?

And so far, the only bug I've caught is the tidying bug.  Ever notice how organizing and rearranging  often prompts the need for more organizing and rearranging?  I became frustrated that all our tools and such seemed to be distributed in about 4 or 5 different places, so we bought a tool chest to complement our little tool box and set to consolidating.  Ah, so much better.

I discovered that we have absolutely no shortage of tape.  Scotch tape, duct tape, electrical tape, plumbers tape, packing tape... Multiple rolls.  All now occupies an entire drawer.  Anyone need some tape?

That's my January so far:  messy weather, slow days at the bouncer station, a tidy house.  woohoo.


5 comments:

betty said...

Glad the hives are gone! That Covid home test looked like a home pregnancy test! That was a joke with the Covid home test, right? Its funny because every time I wake up in the middle of the night, I touch my cheeks to see if they are cold (i.e. no temperature) as opposed to hot (running a temperature). My cheeks are always cold lol :) We do get temp checked by this machine before we go into work but I think the machine is malfunctioning. My temperature is always around 95.5 on it (I think from walking in from the outside). One day I got "temperature too low" so I rubbed my forehead with my hand for a few seconds and then it registered a normal temp :)

Good luck enforcing what you need to with proof of vaccine or getting tested weekly. Honestly, people shouldn't hassle you guys. It is your job as assigned. Like you had any say in the policies made by the higher ups.

Yea on a tidy house!! We had what you had with tape with batteries and light bulbs. All scattered throughout the house in various drawers or boxes. Finally consolidated them a few years back and haven't had to buy many batteries or light bulbs since :)

betty

Abby said...

Betty, Yeah that covid test result is a joke. One "C" line is negative, two lines is positive, one "T" line is invalid. It would not tell you to go to work :D

We don't have temperature stations where I work now. The nursing home I was at last year had a couple of them, and I often registered too low during the winter months.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Glad to hear the hives were gone.
We just had ice and snow. I too have those spikes for my shoes. So damn helpful. I don't need to break a hip. LOL
I have been organizing this new house. Then I see these photos and I began looking at all these old photos. I'm easily distracted!

Linda Sue said...

"go to work" better than the one I got that said "you are dead"...Dennis collected all of our tape a couple of days ago- I can not even believe we have so much, nearly a garbage bag full- weird because when I need tape I can never find it. same with scissors, we much have fifty!

Abby said...

Peggy, yup, organizing can be so distracting! I'm okay with snow, not a fan of ice. Hope yours has melted.

Linda Sue, maybe we should start a group? Involuntary tape hoarders anonymous?