Pages

Monday, November 1, 2021

life is a series of challenges

Anyone want some candy?  We had zero trick-or-treaters  last night.  Last year, we had one group, but it was COVID times, and we weren't sure what was the norm.  This year, COVID isn't as big a deterrent, but it was a cold, wet evening, so maybe?  Anyway, we've got leftovers.


Other than that, it was a good ending to the month.  I did manage to pull out a few more drawings for Inktober '21.  I include the fat raven here because I forgot him in the last update.

In all, I finished with 11 drawings out of 31 prompts, so at least I got into double digits.

So yes, I participated.  Yes, I had a good time with it.  No, I didn't do it under pressure.  The "purpose" of Inktober is to get people into the habit of drawing on a regular basis, so for me, it worked.



In other participation prizes, I ran a 10K yesterday morning.  It was the October Tortoise and Hare race for the local running club.

These are typically run around the start/end of the month, and it wasn't intentionally a Halloween themed event.  Not surprisingly though, there were a few people in costumes.  I was passed by a cow and a Wonder Woman and was able to pass a Chewbacca and a Spider Man.  I saw a few other costumes along the course,

For the most part, actually, we were dressed to deal with the wet, drizzly conditions.  Here, I'm waiting for my start time (I was warming my hand, not picking my nose) behind this mom of undefined pink costume with her bat babies.



I did manage to stay quite dry for the duration.  I was wearing a fleece neck gaiter at the start, but once I warmed up, I pulled the gaiter up around my head.  

So no, I was not trying to appear dressed as a snake charmer. My finishing "turban" is merely the result of wardrobe management.  

In all, I was happy with how I did - came in slightly faster than the algorithm predicted.  These Tortoise and Hares are fun, but it's been a while since I've done a typical mass start race, and I kind of miss those.  First world problems, I know.


Now it's the start November already.  National Novel Writing Month.  

Don't hold me to that one.




4 comments:

BootsandBraids said...

Impressive, a 10k in wet weather. And me too with leftovers due to zero trick or treaters but, better to have prepared and not needed than to not prepare and need.

Linda Sue said...

LOVE your drawings!!! Running in THAT weather? Hmmmm, I wonder. The babies have the right idea...

Abby said...

BootsandBraids, you're right. Better to have too much than not enough. I can bring the candy to the college kids and coworkers. It won't last.

Linda Sue, I think the bat babies were warm and bored.

LL Cool Joe said...

Great drawings. That lady next to the one in pink looks damn cold. I think you are all nuts. Joking, but blimey running in the rain would be low down on my lost of fun activities to do. :D