Pages

Monday, June 21, 2021

I draw the pictures in my head of you and I

The title is a line from a song by Arizona, my latest fave music group.  I love/hate the line.  Here's the full thought...

I draw the pictures in my head of you and I
And fall in love before the ink is dry

My right brain loves the thoughtful emotion expressed, but my left brain is hung up on the grammatical error.  I draw the pictures of you and ME, dammit!

But I'll let it go, right brain wins this round.

As for me, I haven't been doing much drawing lately, but intend to get back to it.  The whole job transition, that's what I'll blame it on.  But at least I have doodled.  




Couple of the latest, letting the pen wander.  Chaos, really.

Fall in love before the ink is dry? 

Nah, but the activity is strangely relaxing.  

Try it?




I'm thinking of dipping into painting again.  Acrylics.  For now, the wandering ink pens will have to do as I currently have no paints or brushes.

And I am enjoying the new job, mainly working on getting up to speed and not being an obvious noob.  

I like my new coworkers and miss my previous coworkers.  Change - transition - is good.


During one of my last shifts at the old folks home, a coworker returned from a resident's room with an untouched meal.

"The nurse told me to bring it back.  Said Goldie's 'in transition'.  Does that mean...?"

"Yep", I confirmed.  "In transition" is one way to communicate that someone was in the final stages of dying.  Another rather oxymoronish term they would use was "Active".  as in actively dying.

The term "in transition" seems fitting.  I believe we continue to exist after death, but can't know for sure.  I had a bit of an out-of-body experience when I was a little kid.  It was during a Labor Day parade, of all things.  I didn't understand much at the time and still don't.  But maybe?

On that note, happy summer!  Happy belated Father's Day!  Any favorable transitions going on?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Linking up a bit late with Mama Kat for the prompt:
1. Tell us about something you have been working on.



8 comments:

Linda Sue said...

if there is one thing I have realized in this life , it is that we know nothing.I love your ink meanderings, they are stunning!

Patty said...

I enjoyed that one line..."fall in love before the ink is dry"

Made me wonder if falling out of love takes longer.

Plenty of transitions going on in my world; some positive, others not so much. All part of life's endless merry-go-round.

Abby said...

Linda Sue, even what we think we know is likely wrong. Good to know :)

Patty, interesting thought - which takes longer?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby when my father was dying and hospice was there he went through some odd things. But they all said he was seeing his life and when we'd see him mumbling they said he was talking to who he saw. He was not dreaming. I'd like to think that was true but as you said, "who knows!" I do know after we all told him we loved him and it was okay to let go he did.
Aging sucks. Happy to hear you like your new job. Your art is so good and to think that is your doodle. I'd put it up against mine just to make you smile and laugh.

Abby said...

Peggy, residents would often tell us that some departed "loved one" was in the room with them, just hanging out. Moms, old boyfriends, etc. Who was I to say they weren't?

KatBouska said...

How do your "ink meanderings" look so much like works of art and yet my ink meanderings would inevitably turn into stick figures standing in front of a house? I need to know more about the out-of-body experience, perhaps you can go ahead and work it into a future prompt response. :) I'd also like to know how plan to rewrite the rhyming line of the song if it were written gramatically correct.

betty said...

I love your doodling! Very talented there! Not sure about transitions between life and death but to relate what happened before my mom passed at the age of 85. She had a great visit with my sister/family that evening before but seemed to be very clear minded and eye focused on something that was beyond where my sister/family were sitting. Because of my faith I think she was seeing Jesus beckoning her home. She fell into a coma a few hours later and it was advised shortly after to stop all therapies etc which we did. I think she was ready to transition to whatever came next :)

betty

Abby said...

Kat, I briefly tried coming up with a grammatically correct line that I liked as much... and failed. Yes, I could/should elaborate on my OOB :)

betty, that's interesting about your mom. The folks I've talked to were very lucid, calm, and clear minded when telling me stuff like, "my boyfriend is right behind you", even though at other times they could be confused and agitated. It's tough losing them, but comforting to know they're ready to go.