Pages

Friday, June 4, 2021

adulting, working, and hair

Looking back on the week.  What did I do? 

  • Celebrated Meego's 21st birthday a couple of weeks after the fact.  He was doing celebratory things with some friends for the actual birthday.  Can't imagine what those kids would do for a 21st birthday...
  • Started the new job and I'm really liking it. I'm still going to work a couple more shifts at the old job as they're very short staffed, but then it's, "buh bye!"
  • Got a horrible haircut, then went to a different stylist to fix it.  Happy now.

So yeah, not a bad week.  We managed to find a block of time for the five of us to celebrate Meego's arrival 21 years and a couple of weeks ago.  We went to a restaurant, and I think it was my first time in a restaurant since before pandemic times.  Like riding a bike.

I am enjoying the new job and my new coworkers.  They've got some funny I-caught-this-one-person-cheating stories (we administer various test, we're not private I's...).  And I like the feel - the vibe- of the college campus too.

I'm challenged with having to wear work clothes again.  The old folks job provided uniforms, and the pandemic somewhat removed the need for going-out clothes.  I'm managing to scrounge some mix 'n' match, but I think a small shopping trip is due.

And yep, got a horrible haircut a week ago.  I was due and had a franchise coupon.  Tip:  maybe don't go to a franchise on a coupon day?  It was traumatic, but I needed to get out of that chair.



I've had some bad haircuts in the past, but this was the first time it was so bad that I went to 2nd stylist to fix the bad one.  Well worth it!  In fact, I think I should've given stylist #2 a bigger tip.  Moving on...

As I was blambling (blog rambling?) along here, we had a power outage.  Not sure the cause, but I walked a dog, and now it's back.  

I'm appreciating family gatherings, pleasing workplaces, good hair, and functioning utilities!



No comments: