Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2021

cry me a river

 We're on the second day straight of slush falling from the sky.  Not quite rain, not quite snow, but wet and messy.

We grudgingly put up with it because we're nearly always running from drought, repeating the mantra, "we need the moisture".


Me upon my arrival home from work yesterday→→


And that's why I have raingear.





And yes, that's a lunchbag hanging from the handlebars.  I've begun bringing my lunch to work even though I work in food and nutrition.  I got tired of eating old people food.

Not that the food's bad, it's just quite hearty fare that makes me want to nap afterwards rather than complete the workday.  

And now I see an added  bonus is that my lunchbag matches my rain jacket.  Better than the Partridge Family lunchbox I had in elementary school.  

Winning.



5 comments:

John Holton said...

I think they call the kind of precipitation you're getting "graupel."

Here, we're practically always under drought conditions, so I never complain when it rains.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Wow. When does spring hit you guys? Or this is spring? Old people food made me laugh. I was thinking of soft food or something. You know like miss diverticulitis here eats these days. But you meant heavy foods like carbs with gravy and meats etc, thanksgiving nap food. 😉

Abby said...

John, I'm pretty sure graupel is those little snow pellets that look like styrofoam and sting when they smack you in the face. This was a "mix of rain and snow" per meteorologist-speak. Blobs-o-slush.

Peggy, I was thinking this was a sad excuse for spring! And yes, I meant heavy, hearty foods... that are sometimes pureed!

Morgan Cartwright said...

Spring has been sad this year. It's been chilly here (for spring)! But hey, anything to help with drought conditions. I love that your lunch bag and jacket match.

LL Cool Joe said...

I bet that Partridge Family lunchbox would be worth something now. :D

Wow and I thought our weather here the UK was crap at the moment!