Pages

Monday, March 8, 2021

lamb days and moolah

I'm a bit late to the party, but happy March!  If there's any truth to this lamb/lion business, we're in for a doozy of a finish because our March has come in like the cutest little lambkin.  

I did another Tortoise & Hare race yesterday, this one a 10K (6.2 miles).  The morning was B.E.A.U-tiful for it.  Sunny, calm, temps in low 40's.

Prior races had been run in 2 separate "heats", but our county just loosened COVID-19 restrictions to the point where we were able to have one large(ish) race.  Rather than a mass start, T & H races are run such that each runner starts based on a predicted finishing time.  In theory, there is a "mass finish".  

GO!


This race accomplished it quite well, I'd say. 


I started the race with only one other person and spent much of the early plodding feeling mostly alone.





By the turnaround point, however, things had gotten noticeably more crowded.  

SURVIVE JUST A LITTLE LONGER!

The homestretch was reminiscent of the olden days, having to jockey for elbow room.  

Honestly, it was fun but felt a bit alien after nearly a year of social distancing and apartness.


Welp, may as well put my vaccine to the test.  For science.




 In other news, I see Mackenzie Scott, Jeff Bezos' ex, is remarried.  Her husband was a science teacher at Mackenzie's kids' private school.  He's going to help give away her billions.  I wonder what it feels like to have THAT much financial freedom.

From what little I know about Mackenzie Scott, she comes across as genuinely wholesome and certainly charitable.  I could see us hanging out, talking about our kids, comparing thrift store finds... oh wait.

What does one discuss with the third richest woman in the world?  Skinny jeans vs. Mom jeans?  Maybe I'll find out some day?



4 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

Wow she found someone new fairly quickly. Good for her, and yes she seems pretty cool. What are mom jeans?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Okay I love how LL says she found someone so soon. Her husband has been dating someone for years while married! At least he's still with her I suppose. They were divorced in 2019 after being separated for a while. BEzo's girlfriend was a friend of his ex-wife to make this more interesting. Men cheat and she was quick to date someone 3 years later. Would we have said that about him? Sorry - on a tangent there. I like that she is marrying a science teacher! He makes 60-80K? Next we'll hear he married her for her money.
Good for you on that run. Thank you for putting that vaccine to the test for us all. I can't wait to try out mine...but not in an RV! 😁

Abby said...

LLCJoe, given the Bezos' high profile divorce, I was surprised to hear she'd remarried this guy the media hadn't splashed all over already (that I know of). Mom jeans: the style I wore about 10-15 years ago. Now all the cool kids wear 'em.

Peggy, I'm guessing Mackenzie knew her new husband for a while through the kids' school. I can't imagine dating new acquaintances while being so loaded!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Abby, me neither, is it me or my money. Air tight pre nup!!