Pages

Monday, August 17, 2020

it burns

Heard about those new glass coffins?  Think they'll become popular?

Remains to be seen.  *SNORT*

Okay, sorry for the dad joke.  I think I need coffee.  Or maybe I'm just thinking destructive thoughts.  Several wildfires are now burning in Colorado as typically happens this time of year.  One of the fires is about 40 miles from us, and the smoke is thick and irritating

SOURCE

We had to deal with some smoke while on vacation in the mountains last week, but it wasn't too bad.  


Skies were relatively clear, thankfully.  And breathing wasn't a chore.  


Now, I've seen a few photos online from the bike park we visited: 

SOURCE






A new fire has cropped up near there.  Not very nice... I'm glad we missed it, but geez, sad sight.

While there, Magnum and I chatted with a woman who came from out of state with her husband to spend a month in Colorado's mountains.  She's a school teacher, and with all online school, they figured they can go anywhere (don't know what hubby does).  So they booked an Airbnb to hang out and mountain bike.

I saw that the area where they are staying was evacuated yesterday.  Bummer of a vacation.



I think the fire near us is in a pretty wild area, so difficult to fight, but also low risk for structures or inhabitants.  Still, it'd be nice to have some way to clear out the smoke.  Always something.


As we were talking with the vacationing school teacher while waiting for our guys to complete their final runs, we were hanging out at the base of the mountain that featured a "bike wash" station.  Nice idea, I took my bicycle, Lily, for a much needed shower.


Lily before.


Lily after, Aaaaaaaaaaah.

And I certainly wasn't the only one partaking.  I found it interesting to observe several rough and tumble, young "biker dudes" stopping to give loving washes to their bicycles.  I was thinking that their bachelor bathrooms likely don't look so pristine.

But then, who knows?  Maybe the TLC given their various gear spills over into other areas.  In fact, the more I thought about it, the more sense that made.  It's likely a good sign to see someone take care of their possessions - a sign of their priorities.


Any good relationship requires routine maintenance.  Agree?



7 comments:

John Holton said...

"Remains to be seen." HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Chatty Crone said...

Probably so!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh no, I've seen some guys homes but their cars, bikes are pristine. Not always a sign of what is in the house = trust me on this!

ShadowRun300 said...

Your summer camp vacation looks heavenly! I am so ready for a break from the hotel and the virus - and all I can think about is escaping to the wilderness. Shame about the fires. We’ve had a ton of rain this summer. I wish I could send it to you.
We know from experience what a good shower feels like after a dirty run. I bet Lily felt the same way. :)

Abby said...

John, Har Har...

Sandie, I think so, too!

Peggy, Oh, I hear ya. I didn't want to make a sweeping generalization, but if the shoe fits...

SR300, I hope you get a break soon! And it's like I could hear Lily's thoughts: Best. Shower. Ever.

Linda Sue said...

WOW Colorado, bring out the marshmallows! Our fires have yet to start, they will, it is a given. Your bike looks sweet!
Well done on the summer camp holiday, WOHELO, as we used to say.

Abby said...

Linda Sue, Okay I had to google "WOHELO". I like it!