Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

in search of a crack ho(e)

We're slowly getting our house up to our liking.  Of course, as most homeowners know, this is a never ending saga.  The house was a rental for years before we bought it in March, so it's been a little neglected.  We have a list of improvements to be made and have checked a few off.

Note:  my office ceiling still has a cat portal.

There are some big jobs that are best left to the professionals, and other little things we can tackle.  One thing I don't like is little weeds growing up through the cracks in the driveway.  How is it I get those, but can't keep a houseplant alive??

I wanted to find a tool to remove the weeds from the driveway cracks.  What term to search on?  The first thing that came to mind is "crack hoe", but then I figured that's probably not what they're called.  Yup, "crack weeder" or "concrete weeder" or the combo "concrete crack weeder" work.  

I would love to just get all the improvements done in one big swoop of activity.  Patience is not one of my virtues.  

Ever watch HGTV?  We don't have cable or dish or anything more than network TV, but it seems like whenever I've been in a waiting area with a TV, HGTV was on.  Good thing Meego had braces or I would never have learned the many home improvement methods from the orthodontist office.  But who are these people with unlimited budgets?  I saw this meme and had to nod in recognition



Yesterday, I worked my last shift at the hospital before my voluntary 2-week furlough kicks in.  I hope to get a few projects completed during the downtime, but also have some adventure time planned, so projects will have to wait.

The driveway will be a quick task.  I just need that crack ho.


5 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh Abby thanks for the laughs.
I am addicted to HGTV. I saw a meme for house hunters that said I sell used 8 track tapes. My wife braids pubic hair.
Our budge is 2.5 million.I about died so of course, it landed on the blog. :-)
Yes, a lot of these I wonder what the hell they do for a living that they can spend all this money and yet drive an old honda? You don't have cable or dish. Good for you. During this pandemic I'd die without some entertainment since you can't go to the movies. Well maybe I'm just boring.

Morgan Cartwright said...

I hope you find a crack ho!

A home is a never ending project. :)

Chatty Crone said...

Now that was funny. I agree how in the world does a week get there anyway? I need to work on our house too.

ShadowRun300 said...

During the worst of the pandemic, I had plenty of crack ho(e)s in my hotel. Now that people have started traveling again, I don’t have as many or I’d gladly let you have them. :)
Glad Napolion is ok - poor guy! Then again, he seems like a cat who loves a good thrill.
We just moved into our new apartment yesterday. I’m not even good at furnishing and decorating. I can’t imagine trying to fix up a place. (Even after all the HGTV episodes I’ve watched.) Kudos to you. Gonna share pics?

LL Cool Joe said...

I watch HGTV when I'm in the States and always wonder how every couple can afford such a big house, but anything's possible in TV land.

I know it's toxic but I use Roundup weedkill on my patio and front drive. Not a weed in sight!