Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

not the Robinsons

Day 2 of the siege.

Obviously, I don't mean the Covid lockdown siege.  I've lost count of those days.  I'm referring to our interior stairs rip-out/replace project siege. 

I''m hanging out in my loosely named home office with the door closed so the cat doesn't escape and get accidentally sawed in half or something.  Now THIS is how quarantine SHOULD feel.



But it's all good.  Thankfully, both the cat and I have snacks and access to a bathroom.  Not so
thankfully, the cat's bathroom is all to easily accessible for him.


The view from my hideout:


That red bandana?  That's my face mask for being holed up with a cat.  I'm wearing it as I type since I snapped the pic just a bit ago.





The project does seem to be going quite well.  I'm glad I found these guys.  They should finish up today, hopefully I didn't just jinx it.

Last night and this morning, we had no stairs in the house, which is a tri-level.  We've been using ladders to get to and from different levels.  I told Magnum I feel like we're living in the Swiss Family Robinson house, which would have been much more fun if I was about 10 years old, but it'll do.

I've been streaming random videos and doodling, and now the stir crazies are getting to me.  I'm about to bust out. 

Gotta go check the potato patch? ←← the only reference I remember from "Swiss Family Robinson" other than their tree house.

Potatoes, anyone?



6 comments:

ShadowRun300 said...

Just taking a moment to say hi. I look forward to reading your posts, but am usually too tired to comment. I am today too, but just wanted you to know I’m here. 🙃
This COVID experience is exhausting me physically and mentally. This coming week will be the first week since mid-March that I’ll have two days off. I wonder how good I’d be at binge watching some movies? I don’t typically like to sit still for too long, but it’s sounding mighty nice about now.
I also don’t think I’d do well being cooped up in the basement. But I suppose the reward will be well worth it. :)

Lorraine said...

Reminds me of the movie The Money Pit which we recently watched again. The part when the stairs fall apart is incredible. Good luck with your reno!

Tanza Erlambang said...

exciting renovation project. Hope with excellent outcomes.

# Stay safe, healthy and virus free

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I hope it is done well and finishes up soon. I am not a fan of contractors in my home and the disruption. Pretty funny from a person who works in construction isn't it? Just keep your clothes on Abby. As you can see from my flashback post, not all customers do!

Abby said...

SR300, thanks for checking in. I hope you're getting some escape!

Clamco, I haven't seen Money Pit, but I've had a few visions of collapsing stairs recently!

Abby said...

Tanza, thanks, they did a bang-up job! Literally.

Peggy, Ha! Yes, I kept my clothes on and yes, Mrs. Brazilian totally did that on purpose!