Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2020

snow what I mean?

I got out for a bit of a walk today.  It was really for research.  I was researching to see IF I could get anywhere because we got walloped with snow last night and all day.  I can't remember how many times I shoveled.

Here's a shot of our neighborhood park.


I was able to get around portions of the neighborhood, and my shoes and gaiters were inadequate at keeping my feet dry.  Shoulda worn the pack boots.

But actually, it was rather pretty.  I heard birds chirping, and I saw kids out playing in the snow.  A mom and her son- about 10 years old I'd guess - emerged from this park as I went slogging by.  They were decked out in skiwear and probably heading home after a romp in the foot or so of fresh snow.  

It's like a winter resort vacation without the crowds.  Let's pretend?  

If nothing else, a major winter storm took our minds off of covid isolation.  

For a minute.



8 comments:

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

wow. my mom told me it snowed up on the great lakes region too. We have colder weather and wind. But thankfully no snow. You're right, shoveling gets you out of the house right now and that ain't a bad thing.

Lori said...

Wow, that is beautiful! I saw a Facebook post recently that was long, but in summary said no matter what our theories or political opinions are about Covid19, the solution is to get out in nature. It's grounding and good for the soul. Out here in Nevada, it's nearing 80 degrees right now, so no walks in the snow for us, but the weather is perfect for getting outdoors.

Chatty Crone said...

It looks beautiful - for you! Do you enjoy the snow? I think it is beautiful.

Morgan Cartwright said...

The snow is so pretty in the park!
My friends north of the Missouri River (maybe 10-15ish miles from me) got snow last night, I got flakes. :)
Have a wonderful weekend!

Abby said...

Peggy, snow was in the forecast, but it's been so nice lately. No one expected a foot!

Sandie, it really is beautiful, and yes, I enjoy it. Things even sound different on a snow day like this one.

Abby said...

Lori, getting out is definitely good for the soul, and supposedly also for the immune system!

Morgan, it really is pretty, and my camera doesn't do it justice!

Brian said...

You're putting those of us in the "snow belt" to shame. We got a measly 3 inches!

Abby said...

Brian, well y'know I used to live in your snow belt. Our storm was a doozy, but at least here, it's gone in a day or two, unlike upstate NY!