Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2020

minivan for one

I was out for a socially distanced run this morning and jogged past a minivan parked on the side of the road.  The engine was running, and I saw a person in the driver's seat.

As I went by, I noticed a reclining woman who looked to be asleep.  I didn't see anyone else in the van, but I was trying to not be nosey.  I suppose there may or may not have been small children in the back, but I don't think there were any other adults.

A couple of scenarios came to mind:

  • She had to escape the family, even if just to catch a solo nap on a random street in the minivan
  • Her sleep deprived self  has a baby who would not go to sleep, so she took it for a magic van ride and ended up also heading into dreamland, thankfully after pulling over but before turning off the engine.

When I was finishing up my run, she and the van were no longer there.  I guess we'll never know the story.  Assuming it was a short break of some sort, I wish her and her family a happy Easter.  Take it from Consuela...



She'll be back.


4 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

He has risen and will be back for sure.
Have a blessed Easter.
sandie

Abby said...

Happy Easter, Sandie!

Morgan Cartwright said...

I hope the person got the break they needed!

Abby said...

Morgan, I'm hoping so, too. She looked like she needed it!