Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

hey all you cool cats and kittens

Just got back from a grocery run.  I wore a makeshift comfort mask so the other shoppers wouldn't hate on me.

Realize, the masks are meant to keep infected people from spreading a virus to others, not necessarily to keep the mask wearer from getting a virus.  I worry that people will get a false sense of safety from thinking they won't get covid-19 if they wear a mask, so there's my PSA for today.  Still gotta practice healthy hand hygiene, etc.

In other stay-at-home news, I admit that Magnum and I succumbed to the peer pressure and binge watched Tiger King over the course of 4 nights or so. 

I'd seen the trailers and thought, naaaaah.  But then... all those memes and gifs and photos...  It was a Tiger King blitz!  In the midst of a global pandemic, no less!




I "had to" see what this was all about.  Fine!  We watched it!

Well, it was certainly entertaining.  And, for me anyway, it provided an escape from the literal viral news.  I mean, it's like these people in the documentary are from/ on another planet.

And now we've finished watching, so what's next on the to-do list? 

I suppose we can start howling at 8pm.  Joining?


Have you watched Tiger King?  Are you howling?




5 comments:

Larz said...

No Tiger King and no howling for me. Though I'm on board with the idea of howling. But not the idea of TK...

Morgan Cartwright said...

I have watched Tiger King. I listened to the podcast "Over My Dead Body" a little while ago that featured him. I think they retitled it after Netflix released Tiger King.
OMG! What a messed up story! I can't even. Carol Baskin 100% murdered her husband. Both of his husbands are straight and the Travis part just makes me sad.
I have a friend that a while ago used to post pictures of herself at Joe Exotic's Zoo cub petting. I wonder what she is thinking now.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I have heard horrific reviews and how sad it is to see animals treated badly. But I can't say if that is true because I have never watched it. Everyone has said that Carol killed her husband. I have never watched it and don't think I ever will. I assume if everyone is saying she killed him that she is not in jail and walking freely? Is that the case?

Abby said...

Larz, I admire your resolve with Tiger King. I have not howled, but enjoy listening. I think the dogs are just confused.

Morgan, I don't think I'd ever heard of Joe Exotic or Carole effing Baskin or all those other characters until watching. The Travis situation was sad, he was just a kid. I could hardly bear to watch them dragging newborn cubs away from the tiger moms while she was still birthing the rest of the litter. I too wonder what the cub petters are thinking now.

Peg, we started watching because the cast of characters is just so "out there", like a circus side show. But the animal abuse is very disturbing. Carole Baskin's first husband "disappeared" several years ago, leaving her with millions. No body ever found, no one knows what really happened to him... Carole knows.

Tee said...

I haven't watched Tiger King yet. I've been binge-reading and the only binge-watching I've been doing is Schitt's Creek. (I'm always way behind on watching.) Really, the only reason I knew anything about Tiger King is that I didn't understand the Carole Baskin jokes so I Googled her!