Pages

Saturday, February 29, 2020

what's in a title

To clarify... the title of my last post is in reference as to why we have leap year, NOT as to why people hire tutors.  Just in case there was any confusion!

Anyway, Happy Leap Day!  I remember one of my kids' teachers in elementary school was born on a leap day.  She celebrated her 14th birthday, and yeah, all the moms did the math AS YOU ARE PROBABLY DOING RIGHT NOW TOO.  Leap day babies are of the sign Pisces.  I don't follow astrology at all, so know nothing of the assumed significance of being Piscean. 


I happen to be a Scorpio, and saw this on Valentine's Day last month:

Then I had to scrub images of my parents from my brain for the rest of the day.





But, back to leap day.  I was enjoying a nice run this morning on dry roads and paths and pleasant temperatures - rare things lately.  I thought I'd stop to get a view of the mountains...


...which are really foothills.

I mentioned the flatness of Fort Collins compared to other Colorado places.  The range in the background of the photo has an elevation of just over 7,000 feet.  Plenty of oxygen to be had.  I think the closest 14er is Longs Peak down the road a bit.  About an hour's drive.

The university here is also home to a large renowned veterinary school.  And my route this morning went by a very large veterinary hospital.  I've been here before and noted the "zoo smells", but had never seen any live critters.  Until today.  Sheep and goats, oh my.


I figured, since they're near a well-used pathway, they wouldn't care about my presence.  But they did begin to act quite wary of me as I approached their fence, all "Who are EWE!?"

So that's the excitement of my leap day so far. 

What are ewe doing?



2 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

Ever watch the show Dr. Pol - I am getting a whole lesson in animals - they are amazing. My birthday was the 27th and my hubs is in November! Nice sheep and goats!

Abby said...

Sandie, Happy Birthday!
I'd never heard of Dr. Pol and just checked up on him. Thanks for the tip!