Pages

Monday, January 13, 2020

eau de Pepper Potts?

Remember, a while back, we'd had our big P.E.O. wine and cheese fundraiser, and I was going to publish photos in our newsletter, but alas, I didn't take any photos?  Neither did anyone else?  Looks like I did it again.  Apparently, I'm just not on board with the snappin-pics-all-the-time culture.

Yesterday was Chaco's birthday, so we all met up at his place for some birthday acknowledgement.  I meant to get a photo of all the guys because I'm still in touch with the woman who cared for them when they were babies.  I don't have a recent photo and meant to get one for her.  Oops, forgot.

Well, I'm okay with it.  I know some people on the other end who take multiple photos and post them on social media for every little thing.  Some of us have to balance it out, right?

So it was a nice get together.  I find it difficult to get gifts for our kids.  When they were little, we never did the wait-for-your-birthday/Christmas-and-you'll-get-it.  If they wanted something we deemed appropriate, we'd typically agree to get it no matter the calendar date.  Chaco's birthday in January, but he's outgrown his bicycle in June?  Why wait until January when it will be snowy and icy?

Now that they're grown, it only seems harder to bestow a "special" gift, but always worth a try.  And we had a nice meal.

But speaking of gifts... I saw a headline about Gwyneth Paltrow selling a candle that smells like her vajayjay, and just rolled my eyes.  Honestly, I'm not surprised.  I didn't care to read the article.

This morning, I opened up my newsfeed which included another article about Gwyneth's hoohaa candle and a link to an anti-Gwyneth video.  Fine.  I investigated.

Gwyneth has a website:  https://goop.com/  full of  (questionable?) health topics and information.  It also features a shop for a variety of things including the now famous candle.  For $75, one can own a Gwyneth Paltrow vagina scented candle.

Oh.  Wait.  Nope.  It's sold out.




Well, of course it is.



8 comments:

Anita said...

Why?! LOL
The candle might be a good laughable topic for me and my girls when I see them again.

Anyway, yep, I prefer to give gifts when wanted or needed; however, some of the people in my bubble enjoy the birthday and holiday thing.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I have a strong dislike for Goop and Gwenyth. She quit acting she said recently in an interview. I was doing dishes and couldn't change the channel and there she was yaking about leaving acting for full-time Goop and making candles that smell like her Vajayjay. First of all $75 for a candle? Honestly, this woman is annoying as shit to me.

I am not that picture snapping all the time person either. I was asked why not more pics of when we were just out in CA. I have them of family members but otherwise, I was enjoying being the moment. Apparently that was wrong.

Chatty Crone said...

Funny I am at a meeting and they are showing slides. I start writing notes - my kids bring out their phone and take pictures. I think why didn't I think of that?

Abby said...

Anita, I'm hoping the candle is sold out because people bought it as a (literal) gag gift? I like the practicality of getting gifts/things when they're needed, but also like to commemorate gift-giving days with SOMEthing. Those practices don't go so well together.

Peggy, the thing about goop and Gwyneth that I find disturbing is that impressionable (a.k.a. gullible) people will take her "science" as fact.
And yeah, the times I've stopped to take pics messed up the being-in-the-moment.

Sandie, yup, I learned that "trick" from a teenager a few years ago :P

LL Cool Joe said...

Are you serious? You can buy a Gwyneth Paltrow vagina scented candle? I don't get the obsession with candles anyway, now even less so. So is there a used condom scented candle too?

Abby said...

Cool Joe - Ha! I wouldn't be surprised if a used-condom candle was in the works.

Linda Hensley said...

I'm just shaking my head about the candle. Seriously, isn't that woman rich enough already?

ShadowRun300 said...

I’m back!
So glad you loved Knives Out. I thought it was fantastic.
As for Gwyneth’s scented candle - no thanks. Not even for a gag gift.
My family spent 3 days together at Christmas and I took one photo. Very unlike their younger years when I took billions. As others have said, I was happier to be in the moment. Very rare we’re all together anymore.
Hope you’re settling into your new place. We’re about ready to move to a temporary apartment for 6 months and then we’ll move again to another apartment. Both will be downtown near my hotel. Almost opposite of where you’ve moved. :)